Front Of House Shift Manager - $16-32/hour
Company: Food Fight
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Steenbock's on Orchard is hiring a part-time Shift Manager
position for closing shifts. This position will assist with
Bartending when needed. With tips, this position can earn between
$16-$32/hour. Title: Shift Manager Work Status: Non-Exempt
/HourlyReports to: General Manager and Assistant General
*Shift Manager participating in tip pooling are not allowed to
perform any of the following:
- Any functions related to employee hiring, promoting,
disciplining, or firing.
- The scheduling of staff. This includes the writing of schedules
or alterations to existing schedules.
- Functions related to the distribution of tip pools, including
daily book work.
Position Summary: Works directly with customers and supervises FOH
employees under the direction of the General Manager, to lead staff
in providing exceptional hospitality to customers. Also works
directly with BOH management and staff to ensure efficient and
accurate service is provided to all customers.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Lead and direct FOH staff in all aspects of dining room
- Handle customer complaints and assist servers and other staff
in correcting mistakes.
- Communicate with BOH management and staff to ensure proper
service is delivered.
- Handle cash register and daily cash deposits (when
Additional Responsibilities of the position:
- Must be cross trained in all other FOH positions and able to
step in when necessary.
- Take customer orders.
- Serve food and beverages to customers.
- Prepare customer checks & accept payments.
- Checks identification of customers wishing to purchase
- Setting up and clearing tables.
- Escorting customers to and from tables.
- Cleaning when necessary and take reservations (if
- Organize seating of customers.
- Greet customers and seat customers.
- Distribute menus.
- Manage takeout and delivery orders via phone or third party
delivery system (if applicable).
Required Job Skills:
- Good Communication and good leadership skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn & describe menu items (including specials and
- Basic math skills for preparing checks, giving change and
running sales reports.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Ability to handle conflict with professionalism and
- Basic computer & telephone skills.
- Knowledge of principles of providing outstanding hospitality to
- Previous restaurant experience is required.
- Previous restaurant leadership experience is desired, but will
train the right person.
Required Personal Characteristics: Professional, polite, reliable,
responsible, honest, and out-going.
Equipment/Technology Used: Telephone, Computer, Upserve POS System,
Third Party Ordering Applications (Eatstreet, UberEats, Chownow),
Dishwasher and Beverage machines.
Other Duties: This is not an all-inclusive list of
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. Further, this job description is not intended to limit
or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct,
and control the work of any employee under his/her supervision.
Associated topics: assistant general manager, back end, bakery
manager, conference, director, frontend, gm, night shift manager,
produce manager, restaurant operations
Keywords: Food Fight, Madison , Front Of House Shift Manager - $16-32/hour, Executive , Middleton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!