Automation Delivery Manager (open to remote)
Company: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in
ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees.
That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide
opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next,
you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.
R25610 Automation Delivery Manager (open to remote) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic
The Business Automation & Transformation Center of Excellence (COE)
develops and delivers automation to transform our enterprise. We
form small, empowered teams to attack specific business problems;
these teams follow Agile principles to rapidly design, develop,
test, and deploy solutions that leverage APIs, robotic process
automation, artificial intelligence / machine learning, cloud
capabilities, and low-code platforms. COE team members and leaders
strive for operational excellence; we proactively partner with
automation teams across the enterprise to identify and encourage
best practices, develop and leverage common capabilities, and
maximize value to the enterprise.
We want people who cleverly and quickly learn and apply technology,
and who love the thrill of delighting their customers and adding
value. Strong technical skills are obviously important-but we place
equal emphasis on great communication skills, initiative,
flexibility, teamwork, and personal commitment to continuous
As an automation delivery manager, your goal is to maximize the
value created by your team and by our department. This entails
measuring and sharing key metrics (costs, benefits, speed to
market, quality); coaching teams through continuous improvement;
accepting, rejecting, halting, or accelerating project work; and
providing guidance, leadership, and development opportunities to
team members. You build strong relationships with automation
customers and facilitate the creation and execution of their
automation roadmap. Also, as a leader within the COE, you maintain
positive relations with one or more federated automation teams (to
which you're assigned), and you help evangelize and establish
successful automation practices and governance across the
enterprise. You truly have enterprise impact!
Project Delivery & Support (25%)
* Owns a portfolio of projects, managing multiple concurrent
projects with shared resources.
* Identifies and requests the skill sets needed to optimally staff
an approved client project. This includes acquiring the appropriate
resources from the division's resource pools, acquiring client
resources, and acquiring other resources (i.e. vendor consultants,
etc.) that may be needed for a given project.
* Ensures the quality, timeliness and cost of projects meet client
and business requirements. Leads or assists with project problem
resolution by gathering pertinent information, consulting with
impacted areas, considering alternatives and making timely and
* Renegotiates resources, scope, timeline, or other project
variables when needed and assists with conflict resolution.
* Ensures project communications on status and issues are delivered
to business clients and management in a timely manner.
Relationship Management (20%)
* Manages relationships with multiple business stakeholders,
understanding their business drivers and the future direction of
the business. Recommends products and services to satisfy client
* Reviews all of the activities that the I/S Division is performing
on behalf of the client. Provides a single point of contact and
single voice for mass communications directed to clients.
* Resolves problems in relationships between clients and the I/S
Division. Focuses on customer satisfaction and keeping customers
informed of impacts to their business.
* Develops and maintains strong relationships with other I/S
* Provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix
Application Technology (15%)
* Oversees the delivery of accurate and reliable technology
solutions to meet business needs.
* Oversees the resolution of second and third-level support issues.
Ensures that application outages and problems are resolved to
* Provides expertise regarding supported products, services and
data as required to support the needs of the division and the
* Provides guidance and technical leadership to resources.
Maintains an awareness of other projects and activities and their
possible effect on ongoing department work. Understands
relationships between own unit and corporate wide systems.
* Provides change facilitation to technical solutions or services
by defining the potential impact of a proposed solution on the
client, business and I/S division.
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (15%)
* Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve
department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and
* Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
* Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus
affecting the results of the operating area.
* Creates an effective work environment by developing a common
vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing
outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
* Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback,
providing effective performance assessments, and establishing
performance & development plans.
Client Technology Strategy (10%)
* Assists with the creation of divisional technology visions (i.e.
roadmaps) and/or conducts needs assessment interviews with VPs and
* Provides information and analysis regarding areas of opportunity
and improvement within our organization and with our products and
* Monitors technology trends through active participation in
technical associations and review of technical publications.
* Collaborates with other technologists and service providers to
identify markets for current and/or potential solutions and
services to include applications, infrastructure and mass market
offerings and how to best capture those market(s).
* Identifies potential market research opportunities for technology
solution providers. Assists in the development of the research
Vendor Product Selection and Management (10%)
* Oversees vendor selection process. This may include external
* Establishes and maintains professional business relationships
with software vendors.
* Produces cost estimates for products and maintains maintenance
* Oversees architecture study components and notice of need
* Delivers presentations on technological advances to I/S
leadership and clients.
* Resolves contractual issues involving technology vendors and
* Assists clients with product evaluation and selection.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (5%)
* Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans,
objectives, and strategies.
* Participates as a member of the Management Team.
* Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business
environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
* Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
* Demonstrated experience defining application technology/business
* Demonstrated experience managing relationships with internal and
* Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
* Solid knowledge and understanding of processing systems and
* Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life
* Solid knowledge and understanding of technologies, current and
new, that can be used in the delivery of business solutions.
Additional Job Information:
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results
of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions.
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment
sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not
be considered for this position.
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that
support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will
have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing
benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer
a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S., Madison , Automation Delivery Manager (open to remote), Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!