Director of Deposit & EFT Operations
Company: UW Credit Union
Posted on: April 9, 2021
UW Credit Union - Careers Center - Director of Deposit & EFT
Operations in Madison, Wisconsin - Careers at Corporate Office Skip
to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Director of Deposit & EFT
Operations Posted Date 3 weeks ago (3/16/2021 5:41 PM) ID 2021-3938
Location : City Madison Category Deposit Services FTE 1.0 Schedule
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm Salary Grade Competitive salary and
total rewards package. Overview The UW Credit Union Membership
Services team is growing, and hiring for a Director of Deposit &
EFT Operations! The Membership Services department oversees and
maintains standard banking products available to UW Credit Union
members - including deposit accounts, EFT services, and more. As
the Director of Deposit & EFT Operations, you will play a vital
role in the future direction of, and roadmap creation for, the
Membership Services department. Additionally, employee development
and engagement are top priority for the Director of Deposit & EFT
Operations. If you are a highly experienced and skilled people
leader looking for a career at a Top Workplace, then we want to
talk with you! As UW Credit Union's Director of Deposit & EFT
Operations, you are passionate about employee development. Seeing
your team grow, advance, and succeed in their career is your
primary driver. Emotional intelligence is where you shine. The
Director of Deposit & EFT Operations is both the product and
solutions owner for all UW Credit Union membership services. You
have a genuine interest in seeking innovative solutions to take UW
Credit Union's membership offerings to the next level. Fully
understanding the interconnectedness of all departments and
offerings at UW Credit Union is key. Global and strategic thinking
come naturally to you. At the same time, attention to detail,
specifically regarding regulations and compliance, is a skill you
possess. You find comfort in owning and executing sound change
management practices, both within and outside of your team. Your
job is to be an influencer of change and growth at UW Credit Union.
You find ease in collaboration with others at all levels within the
organization. Responsibilities Develop and Execute Strategy and
Annual Business Plans - 20%
- Develop and execute a Deposit and EFT Services strategic
roadmap and annual business plans to enable achievement of Program
- Act as a visionary, looking to the future and anticipating
changes that focuses on member experience and other factors
affecting deposit accounts and transaction services. Anticipate the
impact of emerging technologies and adjust, educate others within
the organization on emerging these trends, and makes
recommendations as appropriate.
- Develop distinct strategies related to deposit products and
transaction services that achieve a competitive advantage.
Communicate strategies to internal stakeholders to enable a high
degree of understanding and alignment, consistency, and
interconnectivity to achieve to achieve top performance for
- Advocate and champion the future vision and intent of deposit
account strategies so that internal and external stakeholders can
relate and create organizational-wide synergy and engagement with
product and service offerings.
- Collaborate with Marketing resources to garner competitive
insight and member experience that influences the development and
execution of an integrated marketing plan and messaging strategies
that reinforces market differentiation, compelling value
proposition, and types of promotional offerings that supports
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry trends and evaluate
relevance to UW Credit Union to meet company goals and align with
our strategy. Operational Excellence - 25%
- Maintain a high degree of operational integrity by instituting
systems and processes that ensure that all staff who engage with
Membership Services products, processes and technologies understand
and consistently adhere to policies and procedures.
- Communicate, monitor, and evaluate deposit and EFT operations
and efficiencies with a critical eye to expand and/or adjust
resource capacity, improve efficiency, and strengthen quality
within the department to support program growth and expansion of
- Lead Membership Services management on prioritization, project
planning, resource management and operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain strong and productive relationships with
peers in the financial services industry wan with marketplace
vendors to remain abreast of best practices, emerging business
opportunities and for comparative benchmarking purposes.
- Utilize knowledge of industry trends, organizational needs and
vendor offerings to negotiate and make critical business decisions
on vendor selection and contract agreements, including risk
mitigation strategies, establishing service levels and reporting
requirements. Cross Functional Project Leadership - 20%
- Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with key
partners including Members Service Operations, Members Sales &
Service, Marketing, Loss Prevention, and Accounting to advance
Deposit and EFT Services initiatives.
- Successfully engages across the organization to work with key
stakeholders to influence and gain buy-in on the vision and
direction. Skillfully leads and participates in strategic projects
and initiatives across functional and organizational lines. Setting
short-term and long-term goals for benchmarking.
- Consult and collaborate with business units on member and
employee experience to meet departmental goals, solve problems or
refine processes. Assure consistency and uniformity across delivery
channels: branch, phone, and digital.
- Evaluate Deposit and EFT Services solutions from a member and
employee experience standpoint across multiple channels and touch
points and develop strategies to improve experience. Understanding
trends in errors occurring to implement solutions - including
training, reviewing procedures, and outreach. Data Analytics,
Scorecard Goals & Metrics - 15%
- Create and maintain Membership Services dashboards for
reporting volumes for the department.
- Collaborate with the Membership Services Management team to
inform, promote and leverage data analytics to monitor current
operations, predict future needs and provide for data-based
decision making in support of efficiency and the member and
- Forecast workload volume to ensure resource availability to
meet future demands, establish prioritization guidelines and
communicate timeline and service level goals to employees.
- Understand the meaning and implications of key performance
indicators (KPI) and their business model impact for deposit
products and transaction service usage and mix.
- Meet or exceed Deposit and EFT Scorecard goals established on
an annual basis. Leadership Expectations - 20%
- Fosters positive energy and emotional intelligence by actively
role modeling behaviors necessary to achieve goals and promote
engagement amongst the team.
- Work with HROD and senior management to select and retain
highly engaged employees.
- Interpret and communicate organizational purpose, critical
measures, strategies and progress as it relates to the department
and individual team member goals and success. Cascade information.
Provide open and transparent communication with team members and
departments across the organization.
- Responsible for developing a staff of highly engaged employees
as measured by employee engagement surveys.
- Provide broad based recognition by recognizing positive
behaviors, achievements, and results exhibited by team members and
staff at all levels of the organization in a consistent and
- Review and communicate performance standards and expectations
of team members as often as necessary to ensure accountability and
- Actively role model behaviors necessary to achieve goals.
- Possess a commitment to the excellence of others through
actions that support the growth and development that optimizes the
talent of individual team members.
- Provide timely, ongoing and consistent direction, performance
coaching and honest feedback through dialogs, mid- year snapshots,
year-end appraisals and informal in-the-moment coaching.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management,
Finance, or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Project Management,
or a related field preferred
- 10+ years of people leadership experience required
- People leadership experience in the financial services field is
preferred Benefits Join Wisconsin's premier financial institution,
a four-time recipient of Madison Magazine's Best Places to Work,
and a two-time Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Top Workplace to
- 2 weeks paid caregiver leave
- 2 weeks paid new child parental leave
- 26.5 days annual time off
- 2 days paid volunteer time
- 10 paid holidays (includes your birthday!)
- 401k company match of up to 5%, plus approximately 4%
- 457 deferred-compensation retirement plan
- Generous variable bonus reward
- Free bus pass and BCycle membership
- 5 health plan options, including domestic partner
- And more! UW Credit Union is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Protected Veterans,
Women, and individuals with Disabilities. We strive to cultivate an
inclusive workplace that is home to a diverse workforce where
employees at all levels model knowledge of, belief in and a
commitment to cultural competence. Options Apply for this job
online Apply Share Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Not
ready to apply or not finding your dream job? We can recommend jobs
specifically for you!Click here to stay connected. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: UW Credit Union, Madison , Director of Deposit & EFT Operations, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!