Excursions Director - 2021 Season
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 9, 2021
AMERICAN CRUISE LINES, 741 BOSTON POST RD SUITE 200, GUILFORD,
CT, UNITED STATES Excursions Director - 2021 Season in Madison,
Wisconsin - Careers at Madison, WI Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Excursions Director - 2021 Season Job
Locations US-WI-Madison Job ID 2021-3964 Overview American Cruise
Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United
States, is looking to add Excursions Directors to our shipboard
team as we gear up for our 2021 season. ACL only operates within
the USA. We have no more than 200 passenger vessels that create a
one of a kind small ship experience. With newly constructed vessels
being added to our fleet, we are now accepting applications for our
shipboard management positions for our 2021 season! The Excursions
Director--is responsible for engaging guests in each destination
through a series of shoreside excursions, explorations and
adventures. As the Excursions Director, you manage, are responsible
for and are accountable for all shore excursion and transfer
operations, external vendor/operator communications, and brand
ambassadorship & representation on excursions.This role--has the
highest level of guest interaction and can be very demanding, with
long hours. The role requires an energetic and creative person with
a collaborative team spirit and a passion for guest satisfaction.
- Arrange, confirm and adjust, as necessary, all shore
excursions, explorations, adventures and transfers.
- Be extraordinarily well-versed in the cruising region, ports of
call and excursions offered.
- Accompany guests on daily excursions as a company
representative and brand ambassador.
- Coordinate, communicate and confirm all logistics with vendors,
coach companies and ground operators to ensure timely and smooth
service; confirmations should be communicated in writing at the
start of each cruise and 48-hours in advance of every service.
- Accommodate guest requests, including highly personalized ones
such as kayaking, golf tee times, and private transportation
- Socialize with guests at every opportunity including, but not
limited to, meal times and cocktail hour.
- Present a detailed Excursion Briefing to guests at the
beginning of every cruise.
- Communicate excursion changes to guests confidently.
- Oversee excursion inventory and invoicing system; be fully
responsible and accountable for system hardware.
- Manage launch boat operations with the Mate.
- Coordinate weekly office inventory.
- Coordinate the collection of arriving packages and confirm
receipt with the Hotel Manager
- Purchase morning newspapers in port each day.
- Oversee, manage inventory and display port information
collateral for guests; coordinate with local CVBs to obtain and
refresh maps, brochures and other port-/region-specific materials
of interest to guests.
- Prepare folders and materials for turnaround day.
- Inform crew members of daily excursion offerings.
- Act as company representative at pre-cruise hotels on
- Meet with Cruise Director, Guest Speakers, Guest Instructors
and Resident Entertainers at the start of every cruise to review
- Promote on board sales and brand loyalty program.
- Communicate and report regularly to the Home Office as to the
status of the cruise, excursion counts, guest issues and recovery,
and the evaluations of all shore excursions.
- Manage Guest Programs department administration tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in hospitality, tourism, or event
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and a can-do attitude
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Geography preferredAbout Our
Company:American Cruise Lines operates the newest and largest fleet
of cruise ships in the United States, 3 of which are on the
Mississippi River. The America and the Queen of the Mississippi are
modern paddlewheelers reminiscent of steamboats from a bygone era,
while the American Song is a brand new riverboat with contemporary
d--cor. We offer a number of shipboard positions which provide the
opportunity to cruise the most captivating destinations in the
country including the East Coast, Mississippi River, Pacific
Northwest, and Alaska. Take advantage of this opportunity to join a
thriving company with over 30 years of experience. Create lasting
memories on board, while exploring the beauty of America's
waterways.Due to the U.S. Coast Guard regulations we are only able
to hire American citizens or those who hold a valid Green Card
Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Email this job to a
friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at
this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on
your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs Software Powered by
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Madison , Excursions Director - 2021 Season, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!