Director of Nursing - Care Center
Company: Madison Healthcare Services
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Full-time, salaried. Evening or weekend work may be necessary.
Position Summary The Care Center Director of Nursing provides
leadership and direction for the resident care services, being
responsible for developing, implementing and organizing the patient
care structure. The DON interacts effectively with all departments
and staff levels to meet facility goals and objectives; and ensures
that resident care and practice are consistent with internal and
external policies, standards and contracts. The environment for
this position is a combination of office and other clinical
settings. Duties / Responsibilities
- Develops, accomplishes, and evaluates, with input from direct
reports, the department goals, objectives, and strategies aligned
with MHS' Vision, Strategic and Financial plans; participates and
attends board and committee meetings/functions, as
- Hires, disciplines, and terminates employees.
- Assures compliance with organizational
- Develops and maintains systems and processes to support
quality, risk management, safety and infection control within
- Ensures response to facility wide customer concerns and
complaints. Ensures resident needs and requirements are addressed
in employees' daily activities.
- Monitors performance and evaluates structures, systems, and
processes in area of nursing responsibility; ensures for adequate
numbers of nursing staff to meet residents' needs; understands and
represents nursing interests and concerns in discussions and
decisions related to residents' care.
- Develops, monitors, and operates within the operation's capital
budgets and provides variance justification. Defines, monitors, and
manages budgets, cost control, productivity improvement, and
maximization of net revenues within the division in partnership
with the Administrator.
- Conducts annual performance reviews.
- Prepares and updates job descriptions.
- Ensures staff received required annual training.
- Is member of the QAPI committee, attends meetings and prepares
- Is next in charge when the Care Center Administrator is
- Reviews, creates and updates policies and procedures.
- Reviews time cards using CeleriTime to input information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Education /
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
- Current and unrestricted Minnesota Registered Nurse
- Masters in Nursing, Health Care Administration or Management is
- Five years of RN experience or relevant Long-Term Care
management or leadership experience, including but not limited to:
CMS Regulations, MDS 3.0, Medicare, Staffing, Quality Improvement,
Infection Control & Staff Education Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of nursing theories and practices.
- Strong clinical skills, mentoring abilities, and a successful
track record of management in a progressive environment.
- Strategic and operational planning skills with the ability to
follow through and carry out the nursing home mission.
- Ability to supervise, direct, motivate, and evaluate nursing
staff while providing safe, consistent and quality care to
- Capable of managing daily challenges in a rural health care
- Managerial problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to delegate appropriately and effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including being
able to effectively communicate with various age groups.
- Understanding and knowledge of State and Federal requirements
for the department.
- Willingness to work with other departments to find solutions to
problems. Benefits available include Health, Dental, Vision, Basic
& Voluntary Life/AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Matching
Retirement Plan, Generous discounts on health services, Tuition
assistance, etc. Madison Healthcare Services is an Equal
Opportunity Provider & Employer and do not discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other
federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: Madison Healthcare Services, Madison , Director of Nursing - Care Center, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!