Director, Project Management
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against
cancer. At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the
lives of cancer patients every day - helping them live longer,
better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly
unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer -
helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery
systems and software that will give new hope and new health to
cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world . Accuray
develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems for
alternative cancer treatments. Our radiation therapy for cancer
makes--treatment shorter, safer, personalized and more effective,
ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives. Job
Description Summary: The Director of Program Management leads the
Program/Project--Management Organization, which drives product
development projects involving a high degree of cross-functional
coordination and problem-solving from initial conceptual phases
through new product introduction and hand-off to manufacturing and
installed base improvement efforts. The Director manages a staff of
Project Managers who oversee and coordinate new product releases
across different organizations within the company, including the
creation and direction of schedules, resources, budget, and spend
tracking. In addition, the Director also leads an Installed Base
Program Management team driving improvement projects for the
company's equipment globally.
- Drives product development (PD) across different Accuray
functions, and with external organizations, ensuring timely
execution against plan/ project schedule.
- Develops and maintains the Accuray Product Roadmap to satisfy
the business strategies
- Drives product development projects involving a high degree of
cross-functional coordination and hands-on problem solving
- Drives project master planning including work breakdown
structure design, estimation, scheduling, "what-if" analysis, and
re-planning as required
- Monitors progress of development projects, using existing
Accuray program monitoring and control mechanisms, and bottleneck
management techniques to keep projects on track
- Identifies risks and vulnerabilities; create contingency plans;
monitor risk levels and drives execution of contingency plans as
- Interfaces with cross-functional representatives to ensure
robust requirements management and design control activities are
completed in step with overall project needs
- Oversees and coordinates People and Financial Resources
required to deliver the PD programs in line with plan/ project
- Plans, coordinates and monitors proper allocation of
cross-functional product development resources to deliver within
- Understands, monitors and directs the cross-functional
activities and product development deliverables. Recognize and
correct deficiencies and weaknesses within the program.
- Manages internal stakeholder interactions, anticipating and
proactively resolving conflicts that may arise.
- Develops and monitors project budget (in collaboration with
- Demonstrates proficiency with preferred tools, techniques and
methods for project and portfolio management, document control, and
- Develops and delivers stakeholder communications.
- Prepares team communications to ensure efficient and effective
communication with key stakeholders, including, but not limited to
formal reporting requirements, maintaining open communication among
project participants and interested parties.
- Conducts regular and ad-hoc project reviews with the project
team, sponsors, and clients. Manages contracts, requirements and
specifications with external partners and/or collaborators.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) for the project files and
all of its contents for regulatory audits and notified bodies and
understands regulatory requirements and practices
- Mentors and develops project managers to enhance their
professional growth, identifying stretch opportunities, providing
feedback on individual strengths and developmental needs, and
surfacing interests through one-on-one discussion.
- Coaches employees to develop their problem-solving,
communication, and interpersonal skills to enhance department
effectiveness in an on-going manner.
- Builds capacity among the project management team by
identifying skill gaps, making and executing plans to address
- Grows the project management team through vision as well as
functional management, including rewards. Qualifications: a.
- BS in a technical discipline (engineering, computer science,
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in leading project, program
and/or engineering functional teams.
- Minimum 6 years in Product Development with proven interaction
skills with individual contributors and management across
engineering, manufacturing, marketing, and regulatory
- Ability to effectively navigate formal and informal
communication and decision-making channels across all levels of a
matrixed organization to deliver results
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent problems projects of
diverse scope with diverse project teams of varying sizes.
- Ability to develop and deliver clear, crisp communications
(written and verbal) that are customized to the needs of different
audiences, ensuring timely and relevant communication.
- Ability to see the big picture and ability to synthesize,
analyze, and draw insights from large data sets to inform the best
- Functions independently with little instruction on day-to-day
work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Some travel, domestic or international, may be required. b.
Preferred or Desired
- PMP Certification and/or advanced degree.
- Experience managing projects involving external collaborators
in, potentially, different time zones or countries.
- Industry experience and knowledge of medical device and
regulatory standards. To qualify for this position, candidates must
be able to furnish proof that they are authorized to work in the US
on a permanent basis without sponsorship. EEO Statement At Accuray,
our commitment to patient-first outcomes drives an inclusive and
collaborative work environment where the best ideas rise to the top
- and everyone works to push them further. We value diversity in
both the professional and personal backgrounds of our employees, as
this variety adds rich energy to every team, every project and
every work day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or national origin - including
individuals with disabilities and veterans. Posted 7 Days Ago Full
time 1065 About Us Our Vision and Mission We work passionately to
expand the curative power of radiation therapy to improve as many
lives as possible. We pursue this by thinking, acting, and
executing beyond expectations every day to deliver better, safer
radiation therapy solutions and help patients get back to living
their lives, faster. Powerful Innovation that Delivers We are
committed to designing radiotherapy solutions that can take on the
most complex challenges - while making commonly treatable cases
even easier. From robotic to helical radiation therapy delivery, we
invent unique, market-changing solutions that can meet the full
spectrum of patient needs.
Keywords: Accuray, Madison , Director, Project Management, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!