Senior Quality Manager
Company: Generac Power Systems
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Do you want to be part of something bigger? For more than five
decades, Generac has designed and manufactured diesel, natural gas,
and bi-fuel generators---but we did not stop there! As we continue
to grow both in size and in technological advances, we are pushing
past the norm and pathing a way for the future. We are not simply
satisfied with what is working now; instead, we challenge ourselves
and continue to be a leader in our industry.
The Senior Quality Manager will be responsible for planning,
coordinating, and directing facility wide quality assurance
programs designed to ensure continuous improvement in production of
products and conformance to all established standards in a high
product mix environment. Drive capable, predictable, repeatable
(CPR) processes throughout the product assembly process. Overall
responsibility for coordinating and leading assigned resources and
employees to meet or exceed company quality and business
Success in this role is defined by optimizing graphical operations
sheets, quality assurance, CPR processes and training/development
with attention to the key growth efficiencies - synergies, scale
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes a multi-year quality improvement plan for the facility
to climb the value chain from Quality Control to Quality Assurance
- Sets the quality expectations of the organization to satisfy
the requirements of our customers.
- Ensures ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by
developing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Establishes product quality goals, metrics, and test methods
during product design and development.
- Directs policy and procedure for inspection and testing
activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities,
- Drives down total value chain expense with the use of quality
goals, performance metrics and improvement initiatives.
- Trains, develops, motivates, monitors and leads a team of
people to achieve established SMART goals and objectives. This
position must develop talent and leaders for growth within the
- Executes and promotes the Generac Quality Management
- Oversees deployment of standard Generac quality tools,
methodologies, standards, practices and processes
- Directs root cause investigations addressing internal failures
and customer complaints and facilitates corrective actions.
- Presents quality metrics and analysis regularly to Senior
Management team and external customers as needed.
- Coach and collaborate with business leaders and team members to
apply and share a common vision for excellence processes and
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Operations Management or
- 7 years of progressive Engineering experience with a focus on
- 3 years of experience leading, mentoring and coaching
individuals and teams.
- Master's Degree;
- ERP/MRP User (SAP/Oracle);
- Quality Manager Certification, Quality Engineer Certification,
and/or demonstrated knowledge of Six Sigma methodology;
- Expert knowledge in the implementation of lean principles and
- Expert knowledge in the continuous improvement tool set;
- Experience working with international companies and in a matrix
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple sites and
functions to drive common solutions;
- Solid quantitative skill set and the ability to analyze and
communicate with well-supported data;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines
and priorities in a fast paced environment;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to leverage knowledge to mentor coach and teach quality
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk and hear; and use hands to
manipulate objects or controls. The employee is regularly required
to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to
stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must
occasionally lift up to 25 pounds. Specific conditions of this job
are typical of frequent and continuous computer-based work
requiring periods of sitting, close vision and ability to adjust
focus. Occasional travel.
To formally apply to this position click here: You will not be
considered an applicant until you complete online application.
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Keywords: Generac Power Systems, Madison , Senior Quality Manager, Executive , Whitewater, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!