Capture Manager - US Navy - Madison, MS
Company: Vertex Aerospace LLC
Posted on: February 24, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: Reporting to the Vice
President, ADS Business Development, the Capture Manager is
responsible for providing leadership to a multi-functional team or
group of teams committed to producing timely, high quality
responses to customer Request for Proposals and other requirements.
Provides both strategic and operational leadership for business
programs, operations, and functional organizations. Performs market
research, time phased plans for campaign to properly Gate and
recommend pursue/no -pursue determination in advance of RFP's.
Implements potential win strategies and strategic teaming
approaches developed by Business Development personnel for assigned
pursuits. Leads Capture Teams in the development of responses to
assigned RFPs. Manages assigned Bid & Proposal budget and ensures
proper use of technical assets. Prepares properly formatted briefs
and reports to upper management on Capture and Proposal Team
accomplishments, achievements, and productivity. Vertex Aerospace
is redefining the mid-level aerospace market with our agility,
rapid deployment capability, and customized quality. Our
international presence and vast range of services distinguished us
from competitors. With approximately $900 million of sales produced
in nearly 100 operating locations globally, we offer our customers
a variety of global aerospace support, including Systems
Integration, Fabrication, Contractor Operated and Maintained Base
Supply, Engineering, Maintenance, Modification, Repair, and
Overhaul, Training Support, and all levels of Maintenance. For over
forty years, we have delivered high-quality aftermarket aerospace
services that are affordable, and customer focused. The company is
headquartered in Madison, Mississippi. Physical location of this
position is Madison, MS.
- Leads cross functional Capture and Proposal Teams regarding
tasks, projects, and operations. Becomes actively involved in daily
operations only when required to meet schedules or to resolve
- Works in partnership with Business Development and Proposal
Management personnel to review and implement the detailed win
strategies and tactics, holding primary responsibility for the
post-RFP qualification and capture/marketing effort.
- Makes frequent contacts with internal personnel and outside
customer representatives at various management levels concerning
bid and proposal operations. Conducts briefings and technical
meetings with internal and external representatives concerning
specific bid and proposal operations.
- Assembles and manages multiple functional area support in the
direction of the core capture team.
- Prepares and maintains the capture plan and schedule, and
secures division approval of the plan and interim approvals as it
evolves, to include making presentations to the appropriate
corporate and executive reviews.
- Interprets and executes policies and procedures that typically
affect subordinate organizational units. Recommends modifications
to operating policies.
- Proactively engages Business Development personnel to collect
and document intelligence about the customer, procurement,
competition, and price.
- Supports Price-to-Win, Should Cost, and Cost to Execute
analysis in designated captures.
- Develops/approves win themes/discriminators.
- Assists Business Development personnel in identifying potential
BD risks and development of avoidance and mitigation
- Assists Business Development personnel in establishing resource
needs, including B&P, consultant, key hires, etc.
- Exercises sound judgment within broadly defined practices and
policies; regularly interacting with all levels of management,
infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and displaying a high
degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Maintains the highest ethical personal and professional
- Accomplishes other projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree +8 years related experience
- Former active duty experience in the US Navy, having held
senior leadership positions in Operational or current Acquisitions
organizations is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience and current knowledge of Naval Air
Systems Command (NAVAIR), Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft
Division (NAWCAD), Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division
(NAWCWD), or various PMA-XXX related communities policies is
- Experience in project or program management relevant and
similar to competitive business capture, strategy development, and
corporate teaming and proposal development.
- A strong understanding of Acquisition processes and source
selection organizations of the US Navy a plus.
- Recent Business development or Government acquisition
- A strong understanding and experience using military
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional teams.
- An active US Government security clearance (minimum level:
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
- Must be able to work weekends, other shifts, and overtime as
- The essential physical requirements of the position will be
reviewed with the applicant during the interview.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
and Company Proprietary data.
- 25-35% travel. Vertex is committed to building a diverse and
inclusive environment in which we recognize and value each other's
differences as well as fostering a culture that promotes its core
values: Professionalism, Integrity, and Respect. As an equal
opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a
protected veteran. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Vertex Aerospace LLC, Madison , Capture Manager - US Navy - Madison, MS, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!