Regional Manager Infection Prevention
Company: SSM Health
Posted on: January 9, 2021
- Leads group of ministry based Infection Preventionists (IP) to
promote standardization, collaboration and replication of best
practices across the ministries in their respective region.
- Partners with system director and other regional IP managers on
development of standard goals, work and outcomes with focused
- Partners with regional nursing, physicians, quality, safety and
regulatory leaders in the development and monitoring of key process
indicators, monitoring and clinician feedback to ensure safe
practices across the interdisciplinary teams.
- Serves as subject matter expert (SME) across respective region
and on various interdisciplinary teams such as nurse practice
councils, value analysis, emergency preparedness, environment of
care, surgical services and critical care for example.
- Performs onsite visits to perform process check on infection
prevention program plan, process measures and surveillance
- Assists ministry IP with outbreak investigation, regulatory
visits, educational offerings and leadership meetings at ministry
- Facilitates process measure metrics and reporting for infection
control priorities, such as high level disinfection, sterilization,
instrument transport, environmental cleaning, hand hygiene and
personal protective equipment for example.
- Facilitates monthly regional infection prevention meeting to
assess process measures and outcomes. Participates in monthly
infection prevention leadership meeting to assess, monitor and
sustain SSM Health Infection Prevention goals and initiatives
across the system.
- Regional and ministry level meetings and partnerships will
consist of Patient, Safety and Quality (PSQ), Nurse Practice
Council and other venues as deemed necessary to support infection
- Practice at proficient to advanced level as Infection
Preventionist utilizing APIC Competency model.EDUCATION
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field required.
Master's Degree in Nursing or related field preferred.EXPERIENCE
- Five years' experience in Infection Prevention, preferably in
acute care or similar setting.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Certification in Infection Prevention required or within two
years of hire.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
Keywords: SSM Health, Madison , Regional Manager Infection Prevention, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!