Posted on: January 8, 2021
Job Summary: The BIM Manager is a critical role elevating
ERDMAN's BIM maturity and integrated project delivery
differentiation. The role focuses on continuous improvement
including content development and testing, content standardization,
project team support, and quality control. This role combines
technical engineering skills and creative thinking across all
Design Build project phases to virtually construct the building.Key
- BIM Content Management: Creates and maintains BIM content to
maximize interoperability and project workflows throughout ERDMAN's
project delivery framework; manage and coordinate BIM standards
development, implementation, and quality on all related BIM
projects, files and models.
- Research & Development: Conducts BIM-specific research and
keeps organization apprised and prepared for next generation
solutions; leads or participates in technology-related R+D effort
and special projects.
- BIM Project Model Management: With the Project Architect and
Designer II/BIM Coordinator, serves as the model administrator for
projects responsible for modeling, documentation, and verifying
design intent during all phases. Performs model audits, monitors
modeling schedule and construction administration are maintained
throughout the project.
- Technical Support & Training: Supports project staff on BIM
technical issues and improvements; develops a BIM Training Plan and
maintains staff training and competency levels.Positional
- Leadership: Champion ERDMAN's Vision, Mission, Goals, Values,
and Service Offerings so as to inspire others to reach beyond their
- Architecture: The knowledge to plan, design, manage, and review
construction, development, or manipulation of a physical
environment for practical or creative objectives, such as
buildings, landscapes, and/or other physical property.
- Attention to Detail: The practice of achieving thoroughness and
accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all involved
- Building Information Modeling: The process of generating and
improving model-based deliverables in the digital built
environment, and driving efficiencies during the design,
construction, and operational stages of building. This includes the
use of digital technology and collaborative working processes to
improve the sharing and analysis of data within all phases of the
- Industry Knowledge: Up-to-date awareness and understanding of
best practices, technologies, products/services, events, trends,
and regulatory issues that have impact on the healthcare industry
and senior living, as well as other related services offered by
- Problem Solving: The ability to think critically, to anticipate
and recognize problems and apply a well-defined process to identify
and implement the optimum solution in a timely manner.
- Project Management: The process of planning, coordinating, and
controlling a project from beginning to completion. Project
management is aimed at meeting a client's (internal or external)
requirements to produce a functionally and financially viable
project.Education: Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering,
construction, or equivalent work experience.Certifications and/or
Licenses: Revit Certification required.Relevant Experience &
- 5+ years of experience in the A/E/C or related industry,
including support of projects and project issues
- 5+ years of relevant experience with VDC/BIM concepts including
parametric modeling, trade coordination
- 3+ years of experience and proficiency with each of the
- Microsoft Office applications
- Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks and design visualization
- Computer/Software Programming (Python, C#, Java, XML)
- Reporting software, spreadsheets, graphs, and process flow
- Experience in utilizing VDC/BIM processes on large building
projects; healthcare is a plus
- Ability to conduct and direct research into VDC/BIM issues and
products Experience in delivering and providing thought leadership
for design software implementations.
- Ability to easily grasp understanding of business requirements,
goals and objectives - interpreting these into technology
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environmentWorking Conditions:
- Work is performed in a professional, creative, open office
environment with business casual attire. Hours of work will
generally be during regular business hours. There are occasions
where extra effort will be required to meet project deadlines.
Great flexibility in schedule is both required of you and returned
to you due to our many project deadlines.
- Infrequent travel nationally.
Keywords: ERDMAN, Madison , BIM Manager, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!