Associate Manager, Clinical Laboratory, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm shift
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: September 13, 2020
The Associate Manager, Clinical Laboratory assists leadership in
managing the technical laboratory operations. This individual will
focus on setting strategic priorities, establishing quality
indicators, and overseeing the budget. In addition, the Associate
Manager, Clinical Laboratory ensures the technical laboratory is
following Quality Management program, and in compliance with all
laws and regulations required by CLIA, CAP, OSHA, New York, and any
other applicable state or federal legislative organizations. The
hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm.
- Directs the essential functions of the assigned Technical
- Collaborates with Exact Sciences Human Resources department and
participates in the employee hiring and management process by
performing employee interviewing, hiring, and employee
- Assesses scheduling needs of the assigned Technical laboratory
units to ensure adequate coverage to meet the testing needs.
- Understands regulatory requirements to ensure that the
laboratory complies with all applicable state and federal laws and
regulations pertinent to the management of the laboratory;
including applicable CLIA, CAP and other requirements and
regulations, such as California and New York (CLEP) laboratory
- Provides responsibility of supervision of the Technical
laboratories and is accessible to the laboratory personnel to
provide on-site, telephone, or electronic consultation.
- Maintains a process for staffing, recruiting, training,
evaluating competency, and ongoing employee development.
- Works strategically with department supervisors and managers to
ensure testing is completed within turnaround time.
- Collaborates with the laboratory leadership to assist in
developing and providing continuing education credits for the
- Ensures staff are properly trained and competent in all aspects
of their job duties and departmental procedures.
- Reviews, writes, and updates standard operation procedures
- Possess effective management skills to supervise department
staff and maintain departmental budgets.
- Provides expertise to ensure prompt, accurate, and timely
processing and delivery of all patient specimens.
- Evaluates equipment and supply needs of the laboratory.
- Work with the laboratory leadership to maintain operations
within the budget.
- Assure timely and appropriate ordering of supplies and
- Partner with the laboratory supervisors to monitor supply usage
- Review test volumes with the laboratory leadership to
development and implement timely changes to manage workload.
- Assist laboratory leadership to establish the test performance
characteristics, such as analytical validations.
- Ensure that the quality management program is maintained by
following parameters for acceptable performance for the
pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical testing
- Resolve technical problems with the aide of the technical staff
and ensures that remedial action is taken whenever a test deviates
from the laboratory's performance standards.
- Ensure that all patient results are not reported until
corrective actions have been taken and the systems are functioning
- Identify training needs and ensures all training is performed
- Evaluate competency of laboratory personnel.
- Supervise staff; including, but not limited to, organize and
prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop,
and manage work performance of direct and indirect reports.
- Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding
and success in achieving them.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work well with all members throughout the
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to effectively evaluate situations and work with teams
to develop appropriate resolutions.
- Ability to quickly implement and adapt to change.
- Excellent analytic skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability,
innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability to move 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a typical
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a
computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb and
forefinger; turn with hand/arm; reach above shoulder height,
ability to stand, bend and transfer materials.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability and means to travel between Madison locations.
- Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location,
may include overnight/weekend travel.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in chemical, physical, biological, or
clinical laboratory/medical technology science or related
- 6+ years of experience working in a clinical laboratory setting
working with Quality Management Programs; including strong
knowledge of all laws and regulations that are required by CLIA,
CAP, OSHA, and other related legislative and/or state health
departments and organizations.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing teams.
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge in the both areas of
laboratory technology and management principles.
- Possession of ASCP certification and ability to maintain
throughout employment in position.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- MBA, MHA, or MS.
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing teams.
- 2+ years of experience with Laboratory Information's System
(LIS) requirements and workflow needs.
- 2+ years of experience working with Quality Management;
including strong knowledge of all laws and regulations that are
required by CLIA, CAP, OSHA, New York, and other related
legislative and/or state health departments and
organizations.#LI-MF1We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of
the Company's affirmative action program are available to any
applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Associate Manager, Clinical Laboratory, Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm shift, Executive , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!