Cloud Security Sr. Engineer (open to remote work)
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: September 14, 2019
At American Family Insurance, we're driven by our customers and
employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide
opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next,
you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.Quick Stats:Job ID: R13329 Cloud Security Sr.
Engineer (open to remote work) (Open)Summary:The Cyber Security Sr.
Engineer supports the secure design, development, and
implementation of cyber security technologies, safeguards,
capabilities, and applications according to reasonable and
appropriate security standards and practices. Considers business
need, consumers, infrastructure, applications environments and web
services from a security perspective and offers balanced
recommendations that serve business needs while reducing unwanted
- Ability to participate in 24x7 off hour/on call on a rotating
- This position requires travel up to 15% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Demonstrated experience leading project teams.
- Demonstrated experience performing system and application
- Demonstrated experience programming and scripting for
automation or integration.
- Demonstrated experience with application design reviews and
- Solid knowledge and understanding of operating systems
including MS Windows, IOS, UNIX, and Linux.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of web application
- Solid knowledge and understanding of security threats,
techniques, and landscape.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of threat and vulnerability
- Solid knowledge and understanding of database, network, server,
and remote connectivity security.
Additional Job Information:The Cloud Security Sr. Engineer is
responsible for the planning, design, and implementation of
technology solutions that can transform the business in a cloud
environment. Works closely with internal staff in the development
and governance of technology architecture standards, guidelines,
and patterns in support of solution delivery. Applies Cloud
software engineering principles and practices across a range of
systems/technologies and situations. Utilize test driven
development practices to develop of secure,
scalable, and highly available application solutions that leverage
cloud native services. Builds solutions encompassing continuous
testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery using cloud
technologies. Second level in the Cloud job family. Continues to
gain proficiency and experience in a Cloud environment.
Preferred candidates with solid experience of security solutions
including incidence response, data protection, logging & monitoring
and access management. In addition to, solid experience developing
& testing code (applications, scripts, etc.). Lastly, having solid
experience building automation for cloud environments.
We are open to remote work for candidates that have worked in a
prior remote work setting. We are also open to candidates that are
interested in Madison, WI, Chicago, IL, Seattle, WA, and Boston,
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results
of applicable background checks.
Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions.
Relocation assistance is available.Job Description:Primary
- Evaluates the impact new or updated systems have on the
- Validates controls are functioning as intended.
- Collaborates with other areas of the company to understand
needs, evaluate risks, educate, and offer recommendations.
- Works closely with development teams to encourage
security-compatible designs during entire software development
- Manages enterprise security technologies and vendor
- Leads the implementation, administration, and support of
enterprise security solutions and tools. Configures solutions and
tools to meet needs.
- Leads the implementation, administration and support of
enterprise security solutions that allow for mobility.
- Participates as a subject matter expert on security matters in
Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Conducts threat research. Keeps up-to-date on potential threats
and source of threats.
- May be asked to respond to threats, vulnerability, and breach &
Incident Response processes to prevent, detect, respond to and
recover from security incidents.
- Prepares reports for management and consults with application
development and infrastructure teams.
- Performs assessments through penetration testing and ethical
- Analyzes security risks and recommends mitigating and
compensating security controls.
- Executes the security event correlation and management
- Researches and keeps abreast of testing tools, techniques, and
process improvements in support of security detection and
- Manages and supports the resolution of higher profile and
complex incidents and work assignments. Follows the appropriate
procedure for the type of incident. Coordinates with Security
Compliance for disclosures and notifications.
- Leads and participates as required in root cause analysis and
restoration of operational services to respond to computer security
incidents or intrusions.
- Conducts security reviews. Looks for weaknesses in system
design, implementation, or operation that could be exploited.
Ensures the right checks and balances are in place.
- Monitors intrusion attempts. Differentiates false positives
from true attempts.
- Monitors digital channels for security threats. Keeps up to
date on potential threats and source of threats.
- Researches and keeps abreast of security tool operation,
techniques, and process improvements in support of security
detection and analysis.
- Provides support for escalated issues.
- Conducts code reviews. Looks for weaknesses in source code.
Project Security Consulting
- Represent Information Security on department and company
- Provide recommendations related to risk mitigations
- Communicate risks to project sponsors
- Supply project deliverables as appropriate
Stay connected: Join our Talent Community!LI:MR1
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Madison , Cloud Security Sr. Engineer (open to remote work), Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!