Senior Design Engineer
Posted on: July 15, 2019
RenewAire LLC Job Description Date: 03/25/2019 Job Title: Senior
Design Engineer Department: Engineering Job Location: Madison,
Wisconsin Manager: New Product Development Engineering Manager FLSA
Status: Exempt Direct Reports: None Summary Description: Performs
part and product design tasks as part of new product development
projects. Concentrates on high level of design. Researches products
and recommends product designs. High level of CAD usage. Applies
available analysis tools for design of new components. Receives
high degree of input from Senior Project Engineer. Concentrates on
new product design. Determines root causes of problems and
recommends solutions. Essential Job Functions: Functions which are
critical to success and should be given top priority.
- Proactive, integral member of specific new-product development
teams. This will often include generating elements of design.
Preparation of virtual models and assemblies of parts and products
under development along with required drawings. Using SolidWorks to
- Designs parts and products using Solid Works for achievement of
project goals, fit and function, ease of manufacturing, reduced
cost, and use of common parts.
- Utilize expertise in HVAC refrigeration for component selection
and system design .
- Competent use of analysis tools for design of new
- Use designs to help prepare cost estimates on projects.
- Facilitates design reviews to discuss concepts and proposed
- Develops part drawings are per RenewAire drafting
- Assists in determining root causes to problems and aids in the
resolution of problems as they pertain to the NPD function.
- Prepares assembly, subassembly, and piece part drawings for use
as part of production documentation, when related to new product
- Follows administrative functions and prepares necessary forms
to be used in the new product release process ie. Item masters,
change control process, etc.
- Works with materials team to obtain quotations and vendor
- Works with manufacturing team to design for
- Prepares drawings for use in product literature and marketing
- Prepares test plans, analyze data from tests of prototypes,
propose design changes, modify designs and re-test. Additional
Responsibilities: Functions which are necessary for success but
should be prioritized by the Manager.
- Searches out new components, hardware, etc. for use in new
products or to improve existing products.
- Occasional clarification of existing part drawings for vendor
use. Explains drawing to vendor, revises drawing to remove
ambiguity, or change part. Issue part revision where
- As necessary checks received parts for conformance to our
- Stays technically current of new developments in technologies
used in our products. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering
- Minimum 5-10 years design experience (SolidWorks experience
desired, a solid knowledge of CAD Software)
- Previous HVAC refrigeration experience required
- Previous experience designing heating, cooling, fan or blower
- Sheet metal design experience a plus Qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced technical design skills including
- An excellent grasp of engineering and design principles
- Intermediate level Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Project
- Detail oriented with strong written and oral communication,
organizational and analytical skills
- An understanding of manufacturing processes
- Good team working skills
- An appreciation of business demands, the ability to meet
- Knowledge of material properties
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to participate and
contribute positively in work teams. Competencies:
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative approach for generating new ideas
- Physical testing aptitude a plus
- Interpersonal skills (relationship building, teamwork,
interpersonal insight, conflict resolution, customer
- Communication (verbal communication, listening, written
- Judgment and thinking (original thinking, judgment and decision
making, problem solving)
- Performance skills (technical, accuracy with detail, planning
and organizing, efficiency)
- Personal characteristics (motivation/commitment, flexibility,
assertiveness, resilience) YourMembership. Keywords: Hardware
Design Engineer, Location: Madison, WI - 53701
Keywords: Renewaire, Madison , Senior Design Engineer, Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!