Supplier Quality Engineer
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Job DescriptionJob Title:88398BR
Requisition ID: Supplier Quality Engineer
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll be part of a
smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and
discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment
in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and
opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Supplier Quality Engineer:
This position is part of the Material and Structural Analysis
Division (MSD). The Material and Structural Analysis Division
provides instruments, accessories and other products for
spectroscopy and material analysis in lab, line, and field
applications. The Supplier Quality Engineer will manage the quality
and performance of the supply base for the Spectroscopy Business
Unit in Madison, WI. The Spectroscopy Business Unit is a leader in
spectroscopy instruments, software and accessories for various
markets including academic research and teaching, quality assurance
in industrial settings, life science and material science. This
position will be located in Wisconsin, Madison.
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for driving
improvements within Thermo Fisher Scientific and our supply-chain.
The primary focus of this position is to work with our key
suppliers to ensure product quality and timely deliveries. The SQE
will implement and oversee continuous improvement programs with the
Senior and Executive management at our key suppliers. The SQE uses
data analysis, quality tools, project management, and leadership to
drive ongoing, measurable improvements in supplier product quality
and deliveries. Key interactions will be with Suppliers, Sourcing,
Manufacturing, and Product Engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure supplier part quality meets internal specifications by
driving the part qualification processes in manufacturing,
sourcing, and engineering.
- Develop preferred supplier relationships by leading the
quarterly score card and supplier qualification process.
- Collaborate with engineers during the product development
process on supplier selection and purchased part quality.
- Assure corrective and preventive action plans are developed and
executed at suppliers
- Oversee continuous improvement programs with our key suppliers.
Report results of these programs to executive management in
Sourcing, Quality and Site Operations team.
- Increase leverage of supplier technology & processes into the
design project (early involvement of suppliers in design for
- Manage critical escalations as assigned.
- Plan, conduct and follow-up with supplier, or supplier related,
audits, including closing out audit findings, creating audit
finding reports and driving supplier implementation of corrective
and preventive actions.
- Train and mentor various teams on quality tools (FMEA & 8S as
an example) Partner with internal organizations to manage suppliers
performance. Participate in business reviews with suppliers in
- Lead Programs and/or projects using effecting program and
project management skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
This position is ideal for a self-directed, confident, analytical,
people person. The successful candidate will possess the following
combination of education and experience:
- Bachelors or Master degree in a technical discipline such as
Quality, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering and 7+ years
relevant work experience.
- Able and comfortable with reviewing supplier performance and
driving change with supplier executive management teams.
- Demonstrated results in improving quality in manufacturing
processes or with supply chains
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects. Multi-site and
international experience preferred.
- Knowledge of improvement methodologies (Lean or 6-sigma is
preferred), auditing experience (leading internal or supplier
audits), and statistical methods.
- Previous experience using Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP)
software tools preferred.
- Must exhibit strong personal moral and ethics code, proactive,
overall positive personality, and creativity in solving various
complex situations in technical and social areas.
- Must demonstrate good communications skills and be able to work
effectively with cross functional teams on projects including
international and multicultural teams and suppliers and
- Able to adjust working times to accommodate communications with
other facilities, suppliers, and locations globally.
- Travel regionally, internationally and be willing to travel up
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable
accommodation to complete any part of our application process,
click here for further assistance.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Madison , Supplier Quality Engineer, Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!