Research & Development Engineer
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Location: Blue Mounds
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Job Purpose: Design, Develop, Validate and Implement new models,
features, and technologies for the Dry Van, Intermodal, Grain, and
Reefer Trailer Markets. Responsibilities
- Lead and project manage research and development projects from
concept through production for dry vans, reefer trailers, container
chassis, grain hoppers, and other platforms.
- Identify projects and opportunities that contribute to revenue
increase, trailer cost reduction, warranty improvement, safety
improvement, or other benefit.
- Establish and maintain project benefit and business case for
- Establish and document technical requirements for
- Develop design proposals, lead prime path selection of proposed
solutions, and implementation of selected design proposals.
- Identify validation plan, support test development, and ensure
completion of required tasks.
- Complete analysis including hand calculations and FEA required
to validate the design proposals.
- Complete risk assessments or FMEA's to ensure changes are fully
- Lead cross functional design reviews.
- Establish and manage timelines for multiple projects that are
- Develop and update engineering standard work processes to aid
in future validation and design of critical systems and subsystems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and implement complex cross
functional projects from concept to implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement innovative
solutions to both simple and complex problems.
- Intermediate skills in design and development processes,
methods, and tools.
- Intermediate skills in 3D modeling (Solidworks preferred)
- Intermediate skills in project management and cross functional
- Intermediate skills in FEA Analysis - Linear Static Analysis,
Modal Analysis, Non-linear Analysis, etc. (Expert skills
- Basic skills in tolerance stackup analysis - Worst Case and
- Basic skills in PDM systems (preferred). Education/Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Product Development or
- Intermediate knowledge in structural mechanics.
- Knowledge of Lean and six sigma methods and tools
- Knowledge of Dry Van, Reefer, and Chassis Design (preferred).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Madison , Research & Development Engineer, Engineering , Blue Mounds, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!