Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' award winner!Electrical
Engineer - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs an Electrical Engineer
with Middough, you will collect and prepare data/information and
perform detailed engineering calculations within industrial power
systems. The Electrical Engineer performs engineering design for
review and approval by senior department personnel. The Electrical
Engineer demonstrates technical and professional growth annually by
maintaining active membership in professional organizations and
participating in technical seminars and/or courses.Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect and prepare data/information, perform detailed
engineering calculations, and write formal engineering and
- Develop technical specifications and data sheets, perform
technical evaluation of bids, and recommend best value design which
meets client requirements for operability, reliability,
maintainability, and safety.
- Leadership in field work by checking installations and
- Perform calculation checking and vendor drawing reviews.
- Serve as discipline lead on single and multi-discipline
projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making
staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interact with other departments and suppliers to obtain
- Provide leadership in performing engineering design services
using Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Software.Education,
Experience and SkillsThe successful candidate will possess the
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical
- Professional Engineer license (highly preferred).
- 7+ years of electrical systems design experience in an
engineering consulting organization or related field.
- Knowledge of single line and schematic diagrams, P&IDs and
NFPA 70 (NEC) standards.
- Experience in power distribution, substation and distribution
hardware specification, power system modeling, control systems, and
hardware interfacing for projects in the process industries.
- Experience with electrical design using Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit or BIM Software.
- Experience with photometrics calculations using AGI32
- Knowledge of short circuit analysis, ARC flash studies, voltage
drop and cable/conduit/cable tray sizing.
- Experience with SKM and/or ETAP electrical modeling software is
- Experience with lighting design, grounding and lightning
- Experience with heat trace design.
- Understanding of utility interface design.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.Physical
RequirementsThe characteristics described below are representative
of those encountered while performing the essential functions of
this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this position, the successful candidate
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions.
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility. Noise
levels may be moderate to high at various client sites, hearing
protection may be required and/or provided. Safety protections to
be provided by the client and/or company and are required to be
used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of residence.About
MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in 1950, is a leading
professional engineering, architecture and project solutions
company providing services to a broad spectrum of Fortune 500
clients in nine core industries with offices across the Central,
Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our greatest
asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of interesting
projects, management and technical development opportunities and
team building experiences. - Middough employs the best and
brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence and who
are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service, safety
awareness and professional development.What Middough OffersWe offer
a growth and learning culture which encourages and supports
employee development through a wide variety of tools and resources
such as the company Learning Management System, Middough Learning
Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your talents and
expertise to a successful and growing organization for your career
advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly competitive
compensation and the following comprehensive benefits package,
based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Madison , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!