Location: Sauk City
Posted on: September 17, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: High level engineering work involving broad design
assignments. Plans and directs engineering associated with a major
project(s) through all phases of innovation and development.
Estabilishes priorities for work assigned, self-assigned and
assigned/delegated to others. Provides work direction and technical
expertise to supporting personnel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Will be required to oversee
programs/projects to ensure that activities are carried out in
accordance with established specifications, schedule, and budgets;
coordinate interdepartmental functions to minimize delays; meet
with departmental members on regular basis to review program status
and plan future actions.
- Manage the new product development process from initiation of
new product concepts through production for specific
- Interact with Sales, Marketing, Manufacturing, Engineering and
Vendors to create and maintain new product scopes.
- Create and manage project timelines, flowcharts, status reports
and updates for project teams and management.
- Responsible for team organization, task management & follow
through, team meeting facilitation and communication of
- Responsible for the development of engineering plans and
designs for a particular product or problem area in accordance with
established specifications, schedule, and budgets.
- Lead or assist inter-departmental groups for product
development, product maintenance and product improvements to ensure
product integrity and to minimize delays in project
- Responsible for investigation and analysis of new materials,
processes, products, and equipment to ensure safety and quality
regarding the design and manufacturing of products.
- Responsible for research and development of testing equipment,
processes, and programs.
- Establishes test requirements if not previously specified.
Develop, perform, and direct the testing of new products and
prototypes to verify product reliability.
- Analyze quotations and bids and works with other key areas to
- Perform or assist with design, layout and detailing of
engineering drawings to ensure they meet proper specs.
- Creates and maintain Bills of Materials, Corrective Actions and
Engineering change notices.
- Develop and analyze project expenses and costs.
- Prepare engineering computations, product cost estimates and
- Direct Designer in preparation of drawings and maintenance and
change documents then reviews and approves work performed.
- Performs other duties when required or requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this
EDUCATION AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with computer software and
hardware including Computer Aided Design, spreadsheets, and word
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an Engineering group.
This group should provide experience in product design, project
management, product maintenance.
- Familiarity with a variety of manufacturing processes and
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Must wear proper PPE while on the production
floor. Employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods
of time, stand, walk, talk and hear. Close and distance vision
required. Utilize standard office equipment, computer keyboard and
monitor. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs. Demonstrates
accountability for all safety procedures, leading by example. The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Compensation based upon experience. Competitive benefits offered
include health with health, dental, vision, life and disability
insurances, 401k with Match, Paid Time Off available after 45 days
of employment, flexible schedule, EAP, Paid Training Opportunities,
Generous Employee Discount and more! To be considered for this
opportunity please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlane
Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, 1330 Dallas St., P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI
53583, 608-643-3976 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or
email to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com
Keywords: McFarlane's, Madison , Design Engineer, Engineering , Sauk City, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!