Engineer, Manufacturing, and Controls
Location: Sauk City
Posted on: September 17, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Work independently on development of mechanical
designs and adaptations. Act as Subject Matter Expert for
electro-mechanical hardware & software, including robotic welding,
material handling, and equipment controls. Support manufacturing
production by monitoring for proper functioning and coordinating
service through external contractors, as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSBILITIES: Oversee projects to ensure activities,
schedules, and budgets remain up to date. Meet with team members on
a regular basis to review future actions. Compliment development
and implementation of engineering test plans for a particular
product, process, or problem area. Support manufacturing production
with engineering support.Specifically:
- Responsible for CAD/CAM models, drawings, design, and
- Competent in programming robotic PLC, HMI, and control software
- Assist with design, layout, detailing, BOM creation
- Identify and maintain appropriate policies and procedures for
department in areas of CAD, CA, ECN and BOM
- Prepare or assist in preparing engineering computations,
product cost estimates and design documentation.
- Develop designs as assigned.
- Oversee and/ or assist in design and development of tools and
processes utilized for most efficient manufacturing methods,
including robotics/ automation.
- Create Corrective Actions for issues found while evaluating
equipment reliability and performance; assist in exploring
alternative solutions and resolving product design and/ or
- Improve manufacturing efficiencies, product/ process design,
and improvements to both with customer experience in mind.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Associate Degree in Electrical/ Industrial/ Automation
Engineering or related technical disciplines with a robotic
control's emphasis preferred; equivalent experience in
electrical/industrial/automation engineering considered.
- Hands on experience with automation, machine controls,
robotics, and welding; with knowledge of systems integration,
welding principles, and equipment maintenance
- Possess a thorough understanding of use of diagnostic and
remedial tools with hands-on experience in first level
troubleshooting of electrical and hydraulics preferred; familiarity
with a variety of manufacturing processes and materials used/ prior
experience in manufacturing environment a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience with computer software
and hardware including Computer Aided Design, spreadsheets, word
processing, with minimum of two (2) years practical experience in
- Ability to read and understand written documents, such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure
manuals and assembly drawings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leadership quality communication, interpersonal, and mentoring
skills required; possess excellent written, verbal, interpersonal
and proactive communication skills; with strong floor presence
andability to interact with team and customers in various positions
- Self-motivated with ability to take initiative to work
independently or in small teams.
- Maintain positive working relationships with McFarlane
personnel, dealers, and key end-users.
- Ability to accept accountability for both assigned
outcome-based projects and defined goals/ objectives across
multiple McFarlane Mfg. Co. departments.
- Proficient with MS Office or related software.
SAFETY REQUIREMENTS: Team member must: be able to walk, bend,
reach, push, pull, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to
perform assembly; be able to lift 50 lbs.; wear proper PPE while on
production floor. While performing duties of this job, team member
frequently works near moving mechanical parts. Noise level in the
work environment is usually loud. Constant care is required in
operating equipment or performing duties to prevent injury.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by a team member to successfully perform essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are
eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes
group health/ health savings account with match, dental, vision,
life/disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Holiday
Pay, Retail Service Center discount, Employee Assistance Program,
company-sponsored events and more. To be considered for this
opportunity, please complete an online application at
www.mcfarlanemfg.com; email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in
person at McFarlanes', 780 Carolina St, Sauk City, WI; mail to
McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583
Keywords: McFarlane's, Madison , Engineer, Manufacturing, and Controls, Engineering , Sauk City, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!