Company: Staffing Future Inc.
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Profit sharing, 401k match, strong company culture, full benefits and PTO
Controls engineer will work to design and develop improvements to existing process equipment. Will be relied upon to help troubleshoot equipment issues on the manufacturing floor. Will establish and maintain most current versions of programming software and equipment programs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Establish and maintain primary equipment log for all hardware and software including PLC processors, HMIs, and robotics.
2. Secure onsite software backups for all equipment
3. Support manufacturing by streamlining existing PLC logic. Improve existing processes and equipment to improve yields, increase throughput, improve product quality.
4. Execute a periodic assessment of equipment, hardware, and software.
a. Report on general state/vintage of controls systems
b. Review assessment of each system with manager
c. Identify systems for recommended upgrade based on obsolescence.
5. Assist in creating and maintaining capital equipment electrical and network specifications for engineering design for data performance analysis extraction.
6. Support manufacturing and maintenance to help solve production issues and problems which arise on the plant floor.
7. Draw electrical schematics and perform programming for in-house designed equipment. Keep electrical schematics updated for existing equipment.
8. Assist in creating a network of equipment and define key data to extract for automated monitoring of performance.
9. Support company's IT initiative with testing, analysis, and project management.
10. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering.
EXPERIENCE: 3 to 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment programming Allen Bradley PLC's. 3+ years of project management preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Experience with Rockwell Automation CompactLogix or similar platform. Must be able to read electrical schematics. Familiarity in drawing new or updating modified electrical schematics using AutoCAD. Experience programming Fanuc robots preferred. Excellent critical thinking skills. Strong interpersonal and communication abilities. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience using Visual Basic. Excellent verbal communication skills are required. Must be able to work with minimum supervision and meet time sensitive deadlines. Ability to keep accurate, up to date records along with excellent organizational skills. Must be able to work in a collaborative environment. Basic mechanical aptitude.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to stand/sit in a production environment for extended periods of time while troubleshooting equipment. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally is required. Ability to move around in a manufacturing environment.
You can apply today or feel free to contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.I'm looking forward to helping you with your next career move.
Keywords: Staffing Future Inc., Madison , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
here to apply!