Project Engineer - Stoughton, WI
Company: Heico Construction Group
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward
with an established industry leader? Join our team at Zalk Josephs
Fabricators! Zalk Josephs Fabricators has been in the structural
steel fabrication business for over a century and supplies
structural steel across the Midwest. The Zalk Josephs team has
built their reputation on proven performance and meeting their
customer's stringent demands at highly competitive prices.
- Perform quantity take off via on-screen software in conjunction
with Tekla Fabsuite. Organize, enter, and prepare estimate reports
within Fabsuite or excel as applicable, review for accuracy and
completeness and input sub/supplier pricing.
- Setup bid folders for new estimates and download all necessary
drawings, specifications, and other documents to ensure bid
- Prepare accurate, organized, and concise scope directives and
request for quotes for subcontractors and suppliers to compile
accurate pricing prior to bid submittal.
- Prepare and submit bid RFI's as needed
- Develop, nurture, and maintain positive sub/supplier
relationships through consistent communication, networking events
and scope meetings.
- Assist sales team during scope review meetings and promote Zalk
Josephs in a positive ethical manner.
- Collaborate with sales and engineering to discuss value add
ideas to improve Zalk Josephs competitive edge.
- Performs additional estimating related projects and completes
all other duties as assigned Project Engineer Duties:
- Create and maintain up to date pdf drawing sets and revision
log of contract documents to ensure team members have the most
updated construction set drawings and specifications.
- Draft RFI's and request & review submittals, submit to client
(GC/Architect/Engineer) for approval, distribute responses to all
involved parties and maintain status report of approved or pending
items, follow-up as needed on overdue or urgent items.
- Manage project records; (i.e. Drawings, RFI submittals and
subcontractor purchase orders)
- Draft and enter purchase orders for subcontracts/contractors
for approval by Project Manager.
- Through consistent communication with vendors and
subcontractors, ensure all purchase orders and subcontracts are
returned and signed in a timely manner.
- On a project-by-project basis, gather appropriate insurance
certificates for all subcontractors.
- Review and cost code invoices and submit to PM for final
- Coordinate and work with field personnel and sub/suppliers to
ensure information regarding the project is communicated and
- Collaborate effectively with other internal departments
including but not limited to engineering, purchasing, estimating,
sales, operations, HR and finance.
- Ensure a high quality of work is performed on all projects.
- Always communicate externally and internally in a clear,
effective manner. Minimum Requirements
As an Project Engineer, you must be highly organized, thorough, and
detail-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple
projects and tasks. The successful candidate will possess excellent
verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well
as the ability to communicate effectively with personnel at all
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or equivalent
combination of technical training and related experience.
- Previous experience in estimating, cost control and/or
construction management in a similar construction environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the
organization, as well as with customers and vendors.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and
- Familiar with Bluebeam Revu
- Familiar with Tekla (Fabsuite) What we can offer you:
- Inclusive Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, and Illness
- Company paid Disability and Life insurance
- Health Savings Account contribution of up to $1,000 per
- 401(k) retirement savings program with a company match
- Employee Assistance Program including discounts with major
vendors & products
- Mental and physical wellness programs
- Competitive time off package including vacation, sick, and
- Career advancement opportunities with a stable well-established
- Tuition reimbursement program and access to LinkedIn Learning
- A workspace stocked with refreshments and snacks for a mid-day
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Zalk Josephs Fabricators is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. Qualified candidates will be considered without
regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation
or gender identity.
Keywords: Heico Construction Group, Madison , Project Engineer - Stoughton, WI, Engineering , Stoughton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...