Manufacturing Engineer - Stoughton
Company: Stoughton Trailers, LLC
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Our Manufacturing Engineer II should effectively support the
manufacturing process, manufacturing equipment and new product
introduction for all plants. - This includes the conception and
development of solutions for daily interruptions, continuous
process improvement and the coordination with cross functional
teams for the implementation of equipment and procedures to
maximize production performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- -Provide technical support for plant production by responding
to line disruptions and issues
- -Improve manufacturing efficiently by analyzing and planning
workflows, space requirements and equipment layouts
- -Design and build custom tooling and fixtures
- -Confer with Manufacturing Project engineers and Product
engineering concerning product design and tooling to ensure
efficient production methods
- -Work with vendors on specifications and arrange for purchase
of equipment, materials, tooling or parts
- -Manage all projects through planning, development, and
- -Collaborate with other Manufacturing Engineers to ensure
manufacturing consistency across the corporation
- -Use 3D CAD when needed for tooling development
- -Use 2D CAD when needed for plant layout adjustments
- -Conduct production time studies as needed
- -Work and communicate in a team environment.
Other duties may be assigned as required by the Company.
- -Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering strongly
preferred, or commensurate experience
- -Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- -4-7 years industrial experience.
- -Knowledge of computers and/or PLC's.
- -In-depth knowledge of Co-Create CAD products.
- -Understanding of Machine tool operations.
- -Machine tool building principles and practices, including OSHA
- -Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within a particular field.
- -Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and
- -Proficient in the use of SolidWorks, DraftSight, and MS
- -Core Competencies:
- 4 - 7 years: IndustrialEducationPreferred
- Bachelors or better in EngineeringEqual Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stoughton Trailers, LLC, Madison , Manufacturing Engineer - Stoughton, Engineering , Edgerton, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!