Data Security Engineer - Open to Remote
Company: American Family Insurance
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization's most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we're committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers' dreams in
ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and employees.
That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide
opportunity. Whether you're already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what's next,
you're in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.Job ID:R27634 Data Security Engineer - Open to
Remote (Open)Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:90,200Compensation
Maximum:144,500Summary:Job Family Summary
Drives IT security engineering solutions, framework, roadmap,
program optimization, process engineering, risk remediation, and
mitigation of operational risk in a high-velocity culture by
introducing technology, requirements, deliverables, gaps and
systems design. Analyzes competitive strategies, cyber
technologies, metrics models, and performance indicators.
Contributes to robust and innovative strategic solutions and builds
resilient support for next-generation systems to solve business
challenges and enhance the control environment.
Job Description:Job Level Summary
- Requires in-depth conceptual and practical knowledge in own job
discipline and basic knowledge of related job disciplines.
- Solves complex problems.
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or
may have accountability for on-going activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.Primary
- Develop, integrate, and test cyber products.
- Researches, engineers, and integrates new security solutions.
Performs cyber defense incident triage, including determining
scope, urgency, and potential impact, identifying the specific
vulnerability. Makes recommendations that enable expeditious
- Develop and maintain the security systems and solutions.
- Build strong relationships with Peers across functions through
collaborative engineering operations and initiatives.
- Design and implement automated solutions to enable security
- Designs and develops system-security measures to ensure
Cybersecurity is fully integrated. Validates current and
future-state architectural models to assess impact across all
Cybersecurity technology systems.
- Develops enterprise tools and applications to manage access to
American Family`s data, systems and resources.
- Analyzes security access risk gaps and recommends mitigating
and compensating security controls. Leads and participates in
outage/SWAT meetings to mitigate security access issues.Travel
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.Education &
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information assurance,
MIS or related field, or equivalent work experience.Specialized
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of software engineering
architectures, system/software designs, and system
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Cyber Security, Cyber
Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of security technologies and
application development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience performing cyber threat analysis and
incident response. Working knowledge of penetration testing.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of directory services and
identity stores.Additional Job Information:
- Proficiency in information security domains, including policies
and standards, risk and control assessments, access controls,
regulatory compliance, technology resiliency, risk and control
governance and metrics, incident management, secure systems
development lifecycle, vulnerability management, and data
- Knowledge of encryption, tokenization, scanning, masking and
- Development experience preferred (JAVA, Python, etc.)
- Middleware experience preferred
- Experience with designing and deploying new data protection
systems and/or IT systems with complex components preferred
- Experience working with various stakeholders to plan the
implementation of new systems and technologies preferred
- Experience in integration with authentication platforms
- Strong understanding of application architecture
- Experience implementing a Data Protection program preferredWhen
you work at American Family you can expect benefits that support
your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have
access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing
benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer
a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.We
also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Keywords: American Family Insurance, Madison , Data Security Engineer - Open to Remote, Engineering , Oregon, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!