Quality Engineering Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Company: Generac Power Systems
Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Generac, Our People help make the world safer, brighter and
more productive.--United by our Values, people with diverse
backgrounds and points of view work together to ensure our global
customers have peace of mind.------We are a team of builders and
doers who share a passion for innovation and a desire to outpace
others.--As an inclusive workplace, we empower our employees to
embrace diversity in all forms, celebrate our differences, and
treat everyone with equity and respect.--At Generac, our success is
powered by Our People.
Generac has not only seen success as a company but we have
compassion for communities where we live and work. We are the #1
company in storm response, throughout the company's history, we
have remained passionate about helping those in need, both in our
day-to-day roles and in our efforts to give back. This commitment
is our responsibility, pride and passion
The Quality Supervisor will be responsible for planning,
coordinating, and directing facility wide quality assurance
programs designed to ensure continuous improvement in production of
products and conformance to all established standards in a high
product mix environment. Drive capable, predictable, repeatable
(CPR) processes throughout the product assembly process.--Success
in this role is defined by optimizing graphical operations sheets,
quality assurance, CPR processes and training/development with
attention to the key growth efficiencies - synergies, scale and
Schedule: Tuesday-Friday 3pm-1am with Monday as OT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct root cause investigations addressing internal failures
and customer complaints; facilitates corrective actions.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned quality
- Execute a multi-year quality improvement plan to climb the
value chain from Quality Control to Quality Assurance to
- Set quality expectations of the organization to satisfy the
requirements of our customers.
- Oversee deployment of standard Generac quality tools (Generac
Quality Management System), methodologies, standards, practices and
- Other Duties as assigned and the following:
- Direct policy and procedure for inspection and testing
activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities,
- Present quality metrics and analysis regularly to senior
management team and external customers.
- Facilitate communication and interaction between team members
and other areas resolving differences and/or conflict situations
- Define resource needs and work within budget and staffing
parameters to accomplish objectives.
- Support changes in procedures, process, technology,
responsibility and assignments.
- Coach and develop staff. Set clear expectations to inspire and
motivate the team. Manage performance-- recognizing achievement,
providing feedback and administering progressive discipline
- Act as SAP Super User within functional area as assigned.
- Promote a CI environment by providing leadership and direction
to the team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of quality experience in an operational
- 2 years of experience leading teams, developing people or
- Previous experience using SAP or equivalent ERP system (Oracle,
JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics) and Microsoft Office.
- Formal leadership or team development training.
- Experience in Lean or Demand Flow principles.
- Certified Manager of Quality, Certified Quality Engineer,
and/or Six Sigma.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Relationship Building and Earning Trust - Consistently follows
through on team commitments, communicates, and demonstrates
accountability. Builds trust and sets the example for the team by
being inclusive and fair.
- Accountability - Remains outcome-focused, holding the team
accountable while removing barriers to success. Plays to win by
defining team objectives/scope and clear milestones. Keeps
leadership apprised of progress and brings options/solutions for
issues when elevated.
- Ask, Listen, and Follow Up - Actively listens, questions to
help others understand, shows care/concern, and closes loop. Drives
action and alignment using coaching techniques, reinforces team's
- Inspire, Motivate and Recognize - Teaches others new tasks and
is self-aware of strengths/developmental opportunities. Celebrates
- Conflict Management and Resolution - Influences employees to
collaborate and achieve goals as a group. Asks questions, remains
unbiased and encourages unconventional suggestions. Diffuses
conflict as it arises rather than avoiding it and focuses on
solving the problem.
- Identify, Engage and Retain - Creates an open and honest work
environment, providing others an opportunity to develop and
- Change Agent - Consistently optimistic about the ability to
change in order to improve a product/service. Uses the voice of
customer (VOC) to validate ideas. Works well autonomously and in a
team, leads change by promoting the value of transformation.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand.--The employee frequently
is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls;
and talk and hear.--The employee is regularly required to walk;
stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders.--The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to
100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet
away.--Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be
working in the typical conditions of a manufacturing environment
including seasonal variation in temperatures and occasional
exposure to manufacturing fumes or by-products. The employee must
comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but
not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate
gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or
safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.----
To formally apply to this position click here:
You will not be considered an applicant until you complete online
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."
Keywords: Generac Power Systems, Madison , Quality Engineering Supervisor - 2nd Shift, Engineering , Jefferson, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!