Posted on: January 16, 2022
Chase passion. Pursue wellness. Be the best part of our
customers' day. These are some of the core values we hold at Widen,
and why we've repeatedly been voted one of Madison's Best Places to
Work since 2015. Established in 1948, we build high-performing
software that empowers organizations to create impactful,
meaningful, and measurable brand experiences. Embracing innovation
and change, we've evolved from a small engraving business to a
global software company by putting our customers at the forefront
of all we do. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, USA, and London,
UK, Widen is a family-owned business with over 70 years of growth
driven by unparalleled service and fueled by a community of 660+
customers. Let's flourish, together.
A DevOps Engineer supports the work of product development Sprint
teams by building and maintaining infrastructure in AWS.
- Manage cloud infrastructure in AWS and be part of 24/7
monitoring and alert response.
- Configure and manage the Kubernetes container orchestration
- Ensure systems are compliant with Widen policies and
- Work to achieve the goals and complete tasks identified in the
- Produce and maintain architectural documentation for AWS
services, environments, and integrations.
- Be part of the agile process for the team and contribute to
- Ensure the infrastructure supporting a microservices
environment allows for the scalable management of hundreds of
running services with built-in autoscaling.
- Stay abreast of current trends and technologies and evaluate
potential usefulness to achieve Widen's business objectives.
- Ensure all sources of Widen IP and customer data are properly
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion in your every day
work to create an environment of respect
- Protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA)
of Widen and customer information held, in any form
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology
or equivalent experience
- 1 - 2 years of IT automation, Development Operations, or Site
Reliability Engineering experience
- Knowledge of cloud technology (AWS is a plus)
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Knowledge of logging, monitoring, and alerting
- Knowledge of DevOps/SRE principles, frameworks, and
- Knowledge of distributed systems in a web hosting
- Knowledge of continuous deployment and continuous
- Competence in a configuration management platform: ansible,
chef, puppet, terraform, etc.
- Competence in a scripting language: bash, python, PowerShell,
- Strong knowledge of programming languages used in automation
and service delivery
- Ability to design, develop, and implement complex architecture
- Ability to design, develop, or specify automation frameworks
- Strong knowledge in Agile methodology
- Ability to work on multiple tasks without a loss of
Employees have the option to work remotely, from the Madison
office, or a mix of both. Access to the office and other amenities
are available to all employees - no matter their chosen work setup
- to keep teams safe, healthy, and connected in the interim.
Widen is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without
regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender
identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: Acquia, Madison , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!