Company: HNTB Corporation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
What We're Looking ForProvides coordination of project execution
and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of
purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial
start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling
specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline
field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure
completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical
liaison with client on project efforts.Primary Focus Will
- Responsible for the production and delivery of infrastructure
project plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Manages scope, schedule, and budget of a project task
- Manages a design team assigned to a specific project task
- Coordination between disciplines to ensure an integrated design
and avoid conflicts
- Serves as technical liaison with the client on project
- Serves as a design liaison during the construction of
- Performs quality reviewsPreferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience in geometric layout, roadway modeling, and project
delivery of infrastructure projects required
- Proficiency using Autodesk Civil3D or Bentley design platforms
(OpenRoads, InRoads, GeoPack) required
- Projectwise and Bluebeam Revu software experience
- Experience in mentoring and developing staff
- Ability to lead a task and delegate work to others
- Professional Engineering License
- INDWhat You'll NeedEssential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the planning and distribution of
discipline-specific work, and adherence the to the schedule and
budget on projects.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including proposal
- Assists with the development of scope of work and level of
effort for projects and/or assignments within discipline.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team's work
within the technical discipline. Guides and mentors team to overall
- Coordinates technical aspects of project with client
counterpart and teaming partners at staff level for work within the
- Works closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and 6 years of relevant
- Master's degree in Engineering and 5 years of relevant
- PhD in Engineering and 4 years of relevant
- Ensures accountability by holding oneself and others
accountable to meet commitments.
- Exhibits action orientation by calling upon prior experiences
to take on new challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and
- Collaborates with other disciplines outside of own primary
discipline. Effectively building relationships through working with
ones counterpart at the client level, partnering with clients to
meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively by developing and delivering
information that conveys a clear understanding of the project needs
to external audiences.
- Manages complexity by making sense of complicated, high
quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively
- Exhibits courage by stepping up to address difficult issues by
saying what needs to be said.
- Displays sound decision quality for processes and making timely
decisions that keep the organization moving forward with
consideration of how decisions affect other disciplines.
- Develops the technical skills and organizational skills
(project, budget, etc.) of others to meet both their career goals
and the firm's goals.
- Directs work by delegating, guiding, and recommending solutions
to remove obstacles.
- Provides technical oversight and guidance to project team
- Uses resourcefulness by securing and deploying resources
effectively and efficiently, using a variety of people and
- Drives self-development by actively seeking new ways to grow
and be challenged at the discipline level using both formal and
informal development channels, with development focused on their
future career path.
- Optimizes work processes by knowing and integrating the most
effective and efficient processes to get things done. Focusing on
continuous improvement balanced with client expectations.
- Understands the impacts of decisions on technical design and
- Coordinates work planning and design effectively across
multiple technical disciplines.
- Prepares high quality deliverables that are on time, and within
budget and scope.Additional InformationClick here for benefits
information: HNTB Total RewardsClick here to learn more about EOE
including disability and vetVisa sponsorship is not available for
this position.R-06449 Full Time #JK #HighwaysAbout UsAt HNTB, we
are harnessing the power of collaboration and innovation to
establish a new vision for the future of mobility across our
country. You don't have to look far to see our impact. For more
than a century, HNTB's spark has connected people and places,
expanded opportunity, and left a lasting impact on our communities.
Our culture of integrity and inclusion, combined with
groundbreaking solutions, has affirmed our reputation and
positioned our firm as the industry leader in delivering
extraordinary value.When you join HNTB, you are joining an
employee-owned firm founded on the values of integrity,
collaboration, personal accountability, respect for others, and the
development of all employees. We are committed to the continual
improvement of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We encourage our
employees to bring their whole and authentic selves to work,
provide them a meaningful welcoming environment where they are
valued, celebrated and respected. Diversity of thought and unique
perspectives drives innovation, engagement and retention, which
makes HNTB better and brings value to our clients and our
communities.HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer.HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status
protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with a disability where
appropriate.Reasonable Accommodations - If you are an individual
with a disability or limited English proficiency and need
assistance or an accommodation, please email
ReasonableAccommodations@HNTB.com or call 816-527-2600.Work
AuthorizationIn compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control
Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully
authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will
be one which is subject to U.S. law).Verification of employment
eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship
is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work
Keywords: HNTB Corporation, Madison , Project Engineer, Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!