Eaton Engineering Intern - Menomonee Falls, WI
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Eaton Corporation's Industrial Control Division (ICD) has an
opening for an Engineering Intern located in Menomonee Falls,
This position will reside in the divisional headquarters building,
which houses engineering for multiple product lines as well as
marketing, sales, finance, and R&D. The facility was built in
2012 and boasts an open office layout surrounded by large windows,
as well as 50,000+ square feet of onsite state-of-the-art
laboratory space, an onsite fitness center, basketball court,
Ping-Pong, employee lounge, and grill & patio. With eight Eaton
facilities and more than 1600 employees located in Southeastern
Wisconsin, Eaton's local footprint enables our employees with state
of the art laboratories and access to manufacturing, all while
providing ample opportunities for development and career growth
Students will start their full-time internship with Eaton in the
Spring/Summer of 2021 through the start of following school year.
There is the possibility to continue learning with Eaton for the
2021 fall semester part-time based on summer performance for a
maximum of 1 year. With 3 locations in Waukesha, 1 location in
South Milwaukee, Franksville, Pewaukee, and Menomonee Falls, this
rotational internship is designed to give the student a firm grasp
of the electrical sector and a holistic view of our
technology-driven solutions that serve our wide range of customers.
Because these are rotational in nature, the candidate will be
placed into the assignment that best matches their skillset.
Different opportunities include but are not limited to: Materials,
Electro-Mechanical, Thermal, Electronics (mixed signal, power
electronics), Embedded FW, UX and SW design (PC, mobile, web),
VAVE, Product Line Support, Quality, Regulatory, Product
Stewardship, and Test. The students would have access to state of
the art laboratories and on-site mentoring.
- Develop a sub-system verification tests which includes defining
test methods and procedures and designing and developing custom
- Assist with performing mechanical, electrical, and
- Collaborate with global design and manufacturing teams.
- Develop, improve, and sustain product design and product
definition data (3D models, drawings, bills of materials, product &
- Learn and perform engineering analysis and digital simulation
leveraging advanced tools (CAD, FEA, statistical tolerance
analysis, computational analysis - Matlab, etc.).
- Learn and utilize Design for X techniques to drive design
optimization. (X = Cost, Manufacturing and Assembly, Six Sigma,
- Support functional development activities such as CAE-tool
exploration and implementation, as well as, supporting the NPD
Additive Manufacturing road map.
- Sets aggressive goals, measures performance, and strives to go
beyond what is expected.
- Support production and manufacturing engineering with prototype
and pilot builds.
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor's or master's degree program
with a major in engineering or computer science at an accredited
- Must be in a junior or higher standing
- Must have a GPA of a 2.8 or higher (please do not round)
- This position does not offer relocation. The candidate must
reside within 50 miles of Menomonee Falls, WI
- Must be eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis without
- Experience using 3D CAD software and FEA software
- Power-electrical, embedded FW, SW and mechanical majors
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-Wisconsin-Menomonee Falls
Menomonee Falls WI Loc
EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :092678
Keywords: Eaton, Madison , Eaton Engineering Intern - Menomonee Falls, WI, Engineering , Hancock, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!