Process & Controls Engineer
Company: Land O'Lakes
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together
to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands,
including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United,
Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.You'll join a global team
committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to
the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the
nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.Process
& Controls EngineerJob DescriptionThe Process & Controls Engineer
is responsible for hands-on design, develop, manage and maintain
control systems (i.e. Distributed Control System, Programmable
Logic Controller). Duties:
- Perform all work and conduct oneself in a manner that promotes
safety of the individual and all other at employees.
- Troubleshoot, coordinate necessary repairs or upgrades, and
oversee/perform preventative maintenance and service to process
control equipment, control systems, equipment calibration, and
instrumentation equipment to provide for the reliable operation of
- Investigate problems, analyze for root causes and derive
- This person will collaborate with engineers, purchasers and
other staff members involved in the production processes including
reviewing instrumentation and control related documents to
mechanical, electrical and process equipment technical
specifications and vendor drawings of equipment and prepare
comments and recommendations.
- Ensure instrumentation and control design and engineering
deliverables are delivered per specifications, related to project
- Will participate in installation and startup and commissioning
activities to assist personnel in systems checkout and
commissioning, including any control system programming
modifications, coordinating with the control system suppliers and
coordinating resolution to problems within other disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or
Computer Science or related) and 3+ years of experience in an
Industrial Manufacturing setting or High School Diploma and 10+
years of related technical experience reflecting increasing levels
of responsibility or Bachelor's degree plus 10+ years of related
military operations and leadership experience reflecting increasing
levels of responsibility.
- Must have experience with SCADA system, thin client, and
virtual server set up and troubleshooting.
- Experience with VMWare, XL Reporter, I fix, Wonderware, Veeam,
Windows server, SQL server, Factory Talk, and Historian Software.
Also, networking and switch configuration (Cisco, Stratix).
- Experience with RSLogix5000, Studio5000, Connect Components,
and Drive Tools, Text based and function block concepts.
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic components and
experience with troubleshooting/programming Distributed Control
- Responsible for the installation of PLC based hardware and
- Knowledge of various communication protocols including Ethernet
IP, remote IO, Modbus, Control net, Device net, and Asi bus.
- Minimum 1-year experience with Allen Bradley Servos and motion
controls. Competencies/Skills Required:
- Developing new control systems in addition to maintaining and
modifying existing systems.
- Responsible for over site of calibration program including
level, pressure, flow, temperature, process analyzers and
- Working collaboratively with maintenance, operations,
purchasing and other internal staff to focus on process equipment
efficiencies, changes to existing process parameters/equipment,
increase of automation/controls and troubleshooting
- Must have the desire to work in a fast-paced production and
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office software
required- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in accordance with
predetermined completion dates, Hours: M - F; 6:00 PM - 2:00 AM
(core hours, can be flexible if needed) This role will require off
shift hours, weekends and holidays as needed. ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL
REQUIREMENTS:Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment,
you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout
the day. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise
is usually low to moderate. At times, you may be required to wear
personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety
gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective
footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed
in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty.
The company engages in an interactive process to review requests
for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential
functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation
should be directed to the hiring manager. Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company
maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment
substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O'Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you
and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If
you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the
information being requested. Land O'Lakes endeavors to make
Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would
like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or
need assistance completing the application process, please contact
the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U ) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
Keywords: Land O'Lakes, Madison , Process & Controls Engineer, Engineering , Spencer, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!