Supervisor, Lab Service Engineer - $5,000 sign-on Bonus!
Company: Exact Sciences Corporation
Posted on: January 17, 2020
The Lab Service Engineer Supervisor provides leadership support to
the service engineering staff. This person is the troubleshooting
point person for equipment related escalated issues. This position
is primarily responsible for overseeing service engineers during
their scheduled shift and ensuring day to day activities in the
laboratory sufficiently meet the laboratory's equipment needs. The
Supervisor is expected to spend approximately 10% of their time
performing lab service maintenance and repairs in the lab. This
role reports to Lab Service Engineer Manager. The hours for this
position are Monday - Friday from 3:00pm - 12:00am. We are offering
a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this role!
- Primary source of contact for service engineers, overseeing day
to day service engineer functionality.
- Conduct routine check in meetings with each service engineer as
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to service
- Ensure ample coverage for day-to-day workload needs,
recommending approval or rejection of requested time off.
- Maintain oversight for quality of mechanical work performed and
of appropriate documentation.
- Escalate any quality or performance concerns of engineers to
- Provide information and suggestions to the appropriate resource
to improve company technical documentation or processes.
- Work closely with Technical Service team to provide service
requirements and potential operational improvements.
- Assist and coordinate training methodology and training
documentation in conjunction with other Engineer
- Escalate service concerns as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate hand off communication and work completion
- Monitor and respond to incoming support requests by cross
functional teams, or other communication that require Lab Service
- Promote customer satisfaction through problem solving, clear
and effective communications, professional appearance, and
efficient repair/maintenance activities.
- Self-management of schedule and work priorities to ensure
urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately, and
customer satisfaction is optimized.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
through both verbal and written communication.
- Adaptable, open to change and able to work in ambiguous
situations and respond to new information and unexpected
- Self-motivated and reliable, able to stay focused on a task and
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and focus on quality
- Other projects, as assigned.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System
policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Maintain excellent communication, documentation and
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 5% of a
typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform
typing for approximately 30% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25% of working time via
car and/or air. Some overnight travel may be required.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 60% of a typical
working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 40% of a
typical working day.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Technology, Electronics,
Molecular Biology, or a similar engineering or life sciences
degree; or Associates degree in Engineering, Technology,
Electronics, Molecular Biology, or a similar engineering or life
sciences and 2 years of relevant experience in lieu of a bachelor's
- 5+ years of experience in the service engineering or related
- 2+ years of experience leading and/or directing people and/or
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Authorization to work in the United States without
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the
position with or without accommodation.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineer, Technology, Electronics,
Molecular Biology, or a similar life sciences.
- 4 years of experience leading and/or directing people and/or
project teams.#LI-MO1We are an equal employment opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected
by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of
the Company's affirmative action program are available to any
applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Keywords: Exact Sciences Corporation, Madison , Supervisor, Lab Service Engineer - $5,000 sign-on Bonus!, Engineering , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!