Company: Power System Engineering Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Excellence Through People! Take your career to the next level by
working with energetic, talented, and forwarding-thinking
colleagues who share common values and a mission of helping
colleagues achieve their goals. Work for a company that gives you a
platform to do amazing things.What We Are Looking For:Power System
Engineering, Inc. (PSE) is looking for a well-rounded individual to
craft proposals that will allow our utility sector customers to
secure funding for critical infrastructure projects. The ideal
candidate is detail-oriented with strong organizational, writing,
and project coordination skills. Experience with grant writing and
reporting, with preferred experience working with government grants
or in the energy/telecommunications field.What You Will Be
- Prepare proposal components by collaborating with colleagues on
the concept and contents, creating narrative drafts, compiling and
formatting supplemental and financial information, and obtaining
- Report on grant outcomes to funders in close collaboration with
program colleagues to ensure sources of funding are secured.
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for
information gathering, writing, review, approval, and
- Identify grant opportunities from new and existing funders in
collaboration with internal business partners.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of the organization's history and
programs to effectively draft proposals, reports, and to identify
alignment with funding opportunities.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and improve efficiency,
accuracy, and standardization
- Perform other related duties as required and assignedWhat You
Will Need:Education and Experience
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience in preparing
written proposals for funding with a proven track record of
- Strong research, writing & proofreading skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to implement systems and
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, managing multiple
projects and priorities while building rapport across the
- Understanding of the government funding community (with an
emphasis on issues of sustainability, energy and broadband
- Proficient in Microsoft Teams and Office (Word, Excel, and One
- Strong writing skills with an ability to communicate ideas and
- Resourceful self-starter with strong judgement and the ability
to work -with minimal supervision.
- Experience in federal, local, or state government agencies
and/or with electrical utilities a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in business or political science related
fields a plus.Knowledge and Skills
- Familiarity with energy or broadband issues and related subject
- Knowledge of requirements, practices, and procedures for
soliciting, writing, receiving, reviewing, processing proposals,
and administering grants and agreements.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills,
including presenting statistics and data in meaningful ways, such
as charts and tables, to internal and external audiences.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize
work and resources.
- Extremely organized and meticulous with details.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and
competitive grant funding environment. APPLY
NOWPeople.Power.FuturePower System Engineering is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender identity, marital
status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran
status, religion, color, ancestry, or national origin or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Our
management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to
recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training,
compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment
Keywords: Power System Engineering Inc, Madison , Grant Writer, Advertising , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...