Pathology Reporting Specialist (Day Shift) - University Hospital
Company: UW Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!We are seeking a Pathology
Reporting Specialist to:
- Transcribe pathology reports, coordinate patient care
correspondence/materials, triage patient care related telephone
encounters, coordinate with clinical teams for tumor board case
review, and whole slide scanning.
- E nsure accuracy and completeness of all case materials,
documents, tests ordered, and patient care reports .
- F acilitate the production of materials for research/study
requests, including requests for clinical trial
eligibility.Education :Minimum - High school diploma or
equivalent.Preferred - Formal training or equivalent in work
experience in medical transcription.Work Experience :Minimum - Six
(6) months of experience in transcription or equivalent experience
working in a medical office environment.Preferred - One (1) year of
experience in medical transcription.Required Skills, Knowledge, and
- Ability to successfully complete a medical transcription
- Organizational methods needed to effectively interact with
staff Pathologists and Residents.
- Working knowledge of adult learning styles and techniques is
required to conduct effective programs for pathology residents, and
- Ability to maintain and convey a positive attitude and customer
- Knowledge of computer software applications including word
processing, spreadsheet, database and electronic
calendaring/scheduling systems and web applications.
- Expert knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and
physiology, clinical medicine, surgery, diagnostic tests,
radiology, and pathology.
- Expert knowledge of medical transcription guidelines and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
English usage, grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with
all levels of the Department.
- Demonstrated skill in developing, coordinating, and maintaining
subspecialty specific activities.
- Ability to problem solve. Ability to use designated reference
materials in an expert, appropriate, and efficient manner.
- Ability to expertly operate designated word processing,
dictation, and transcription equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to concentrate.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Ability to carry out assignments responsibly and
independently.Physical Requirements :Light: Ability to lift up to
20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
weighing up to 10 pounds.Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and
InclusionUW Health is committed to being a diverse, equitable,
inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment
Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Our integrity shines
through in patient care interactions and our daily work practices
as we work to embrace the knowledge, unique perspectives and
qualities each employee and faculty member brings to work each day.
Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)
individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with
disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly
encouraged. EOE, including disability/veterans.W ork Schedule :This
is a full-time position, scheduled for 40 hours per week. The
position is to be scheduled day shift, Monday - Friday from 4:00 am
to 12:30 pm. This job is not scheduled for weekends or holidays.
Hours may vary depending on the operational needs of the
department.University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet --designated
facility that's ranked Wisconsin's #1 hospital and considered one
of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and
Keywords: UW Health, Madison , Pathology Reporting Specialist (Day Shift) - University Hospital, Advertising , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!