Operations Business Senior Manager
Company: Del Monte Foods, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Company and Position Information:
Del Monte Foods, Inc. (DMFI) is a multi-national food company
headquartered in Walnut Creek, CA, with a powerful portfolio of
brands, including iconic Del Monte -, Contadina - and College Inn
-. Our premium-quality meal ingredients, snacks and beverages can
be found in six out of ten U.S. households.
At Del Monte Foods, we believe in supporting one another. In
helping our people shape their own careers - in letting them grow
outward, upward and across disciplines. We are tending to the
greater good, providing accessible, nourishing, great-tasting food
for all. We are Del Monte Foods - Growers of Good.
The salary range for this role is: $101,296 - $182,208.
This is a business facing role in Del Monte's Supply Chain function
with responsibility for collaborating across Business Unit,
Finance, R&D, Sales, Manufacturing, Engineering, Sourcing,
Planning, Logistics, and Sourcing. A successful incumbent is
expected to (i) Provide cross-functional Supply Chain expertise to
the business unit to enable key business results (ii) Uphold an
agile, flexible, fast-paced mindset while growing the business and
winning as an efficient Supply chain team (ii) Shape and influence
strategic and operational plans with enterprise perspective;
represent all supply chain functions to the business unit and
provide business direction and insights to Supply Chain as
needed and (iv) Support the achievement of net sales, profit and
Supply Chain KPI achievement for business unit.
- Support the optimization of platform strategies and tactics in
alignment with Supply Chain capabilities, goals, and metrics. Play
a leadership role in evaluating and executing requests to expand
current products into new markets or packaging formats
- Influence business team on project portfolio and overall
prioritization (core growth, network optimization, innovation,
etc.). Speak on behalf of supply chain resources and capacities,
short and long term, and maintain point of communication to plant
operations teams. Ensure plant and technical resource availability
- Lead a cross-functional team to achieve successful delivery of
Cost of Goods Sold (COGS), service, innovation, and renovation at
the platform level
- Play an advocacy role with plant locations to foster
improvement and enable breakthrough results
- Provide broad Supply Chain leadership for New Product
Development commercialization including participation in project
teams, partnership with R&D to enable new technical
capabilities, development of COGS for new products, support for
preparation of capital project approvals, identification of
sourcing and export logistics solutions, and supporting plant
locations to start-up new lines and products.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure successful
- Track key milestone for capital appropriation and executive
- Ensure DM's commissioning processes for new product
- Provide platform management/crisis management, escalation, and
- Provide Operational/Technical Supply Chain leadership across
- Understand/monitor key manufacturing plant performance metrics,
such as a capacity/utilization, OTIF and effectively communicate
issues and resolutions.
- Track and monitor plant trials, including test and startup
- Early and consistent influence of business teams - "voice" of
- Lead cross-functional operations & technology team to ensure
successful project commercialization and enable future growth
- Provide crisis/issue management and support supply chain risk
mitigation to deliver against service and cost.
- Lead monthly platform Supply Review to identify future gaps in
servicing the business (and at what cost). Support development of
platform manufacturing strategies that enable Business Unit to
service the growing demand for our products.
- Coach teams on successful initiative launch and service
- Recommend best manufacturing location(s) for products using
both internal and co-manufacturing options as well as logistics
- Drive quality improvement strategies for business unit
- Manage and drive business simplification efforts for business
unit - examples including activeSKU Management, packaging/product
standardization, and material/specification consolidation, work
with business unit to assess product offerings and ongoing
effective use of Supply Chain resources.
- Protect Del Monte's reputation by keeping information
- Ensure product safety through development, review, and
enforcement of company policy.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal, and corporate
food safety regulatory standards.
- Review and enforce company quality standards provided by
facility, regional and corporate quality authorities.
- All other related duties as necessary. Del Monte Foods Key
GET OUR HANDS DIRTY
- Dig in and understand the business.
- Stay focused on priorities and drive for results.
- Pursue goals with purpose and persevere through challenges.
- Improve processes, products and services.
- Take calculated risks to develop effective solutions.
- Use data and insights to drive business performance. GROW
- Create an inclusive environment where everyone feels
- Collaborate and promote teamwork to achieve individual and
- Hold ourselves and others accountable for commitments.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain or related field.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 10+ years of continuous career progression in the Supply Chain
- Demonstrated excellent project management experience.
- Ability to build a network of trusted partners both internally
- Strong presentation skills to provide regular status updates to
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing, planning, logistics
and sourcing concepts.
- Understanding of financial/accounting principles and
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically and
directionally while also able to understand and account for
detailed operational realities.
- Demonstrated experience influencing, motivating, and leading
- Demonstrated project management across cross-functional
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience.
- Demonstrated strong business acumen, problem solving
- Strong communication skills; excellent written and verbal
- Experience with creating and using a balanced scorecard to
- Excellent customer service focus and results oriented.
- Strong computer skills, including SAP; proficient in Word,
Excel, and Outlook . WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental,
Vision, and 401(k). Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other legally protected
ALL RESUMES NEED TO BE SUBMITTED THROUGH WWW.DELMONTEFOODS.COM TO
BE CONSIDERED. ( https://www.delmontefoods.com/careers/ ). Please
be advised that your application is not complete until you fill
out, sign, and submit an Application for Employment for a specific
position for which Del Monte Foods, Inc. is actively recruiting.
Your application must reflect that you possess the required
qualifications for the position.
No sponsorship is available for this position.
No agencies or 3rd party vendors.
Del Monte Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, medical condition, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Del Monte Foods, Inc., Madison , Operations Business Senior Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Markesan, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!