Audit Manager - Financial Services
Company: Baker Tilly US, LLP
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Baker Tilly US, LLP (Baker Tilly) is a leading
advisory, tax and assurance firm, providing clients a genuine
coast-to-coast and global advantage with critical mass and
top-notch talent in major regions of the U.S. and in many of the
world's leading financial centers - New York, London, San
Francisco, Los Angeles and Chicago. Baker Tilly is an independent
member of Baker Tilly International, a worldwide network of
independent accounting and business advisory firms in 148
territories, with 36,000 professionals and a combined worldwide
revenue of $4.0 billion.
Many of Baker Tilly's roles have the opportunity to work remotely.
Please discuss with your talent acquisition professional to
understand the requirements for an opportunity you are
Baker Tilly is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual
orientation, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance
with applicable federal, state or local law.Responsibilities:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements and act as a
resource for engagement team members through application of
extensive knowledge and experience.
- Identify accounting, financial statement, and reporting issues,
based on professional guidelines including U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Provide recommendations for business and process improvements
based upon knowledge gained relative to the client's operations,
processes, and business objectives.
- Proactively build relationships and communicate effectively
with the client to provide superior client service.
- Participate in business development efforts to include working
collaboratively with Senior Managers, Partners, and Marketing to
target and build relationships with client prospects and acquire
- Manage, supervise, train and lead the staff through counsel,
guidance and coaching. Evaluate performance and participate in
individual's performance appraisal process.
- Manage engagements and projects in order to achieve specific
revenue and profit objectives through the management of the
client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees
- Invest in professional development through active participation
in training sessions and networking events both internally and
- Assist with recruiting activities to include campus recruiting
along with referring experienced individuals to the firm and
participating in the firm's Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree or other
advanced degree desired.
- CPA required.
- Five (5) plus years of experience providing attest services in
a professional services firm including two (2) plus years
- Financial Services experience with demonstrated technical
expertise in the Investment Management space preferred (hedge
funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds, etc.)
- Knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
(GAAP), U.S. Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), and
Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Auditing Standards.
- Knowledge of U.S. insurance company statutory accounting is a
- Demonstrated skills in the areas of communication, relationship
building, personal development, collaboration, and problem solving
along with initiative, adaptability and highly developed Microsoft
Keywords: Baker Tilly US, LLP, Madison , Audit Manager - Financial Services, Accounting, Auditing , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!