Associate Project Manager
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Oversees and manages Clinical Pharmacology trials conducted at
Covance Clinical research sites, external sites and biometric
services projects under leadership direction; majority of projects
are low to moderate in complexity yet full service trials of
moderate financial value.
- Primary client contact and responsible for the facilitation of
communication, managing client expectations, and building business
- Responsibilities typically include contributing to the
development and management of the protocol, scope of the project,
budget, timeline, and quality guidelines for projects, thereby
ensuring that expectations are met while identifying and mitigating
- Responsible for managing the project team in a matrix
environment with support as needed from a more senior CPS team
- With mentorship from a more senior Project Manager or
manager/supervisor as needed, acts a single point of contact for
the client and leads the project team across Covance CRUs, and or
external sites or biometrics while adhering to professional, SOP,
Regulatory and ICH/GCP standards.
- Assesses resource needs for projects based on scope of services
to be provided.
- Manages and communicates scope of the project according to
proposal, budget, timeline throughout the lifecycle of the project.
Works with project team on identification of work scope changes
against the project timelines.
- Creates and/or review required project plans. Implement and
monitor progress against project plans and timelines and revise as
necessary. If working on multiple studies for single client, may
work under their manager or senior team member for assistance as to
how to drive consistency across studies.
- Organizes, chairs, and ensures accurate documentation in
meeting minutes for project meetings with client and team, as
applicable. Completes or delegates with oversight, the project Log
(Action/Decision/Issue) items to ensure appropriate project team
member delegation and resolution. -
- Performs overall management of the project timelines through
use of MS Project ensuring that changes or updates are made and
communicated in a timely manner. - Renegotiate timelines with
client and project team as necessary. With support from a more
senior Project Manager or manager/supervisor as needed, implement
risk mitigation strategies and oversight. -
- Develop understanding of clinical, biometrics and critical path
- Develop knowledge as to risk mitigation strategies, management
and implementation to ensure project level deliverables are met.
Escalate risks newly identified by the project team to
- Responsible for the review and assessment of ongoing
hour/budget utilization throughout the course of project to ensure
that projects are meeting financial targets.
- Collaborates with finance when project milestones or completion
of contracted units of activity have been met to approve monthly
invoicing and performs client follow up as appropriate.
- Accountable for TMFs including TMF Index & Plan, audit
readiness and delivery of TMF per agreed upon timelines, when
contracted by client.
- May oversee timely uploading of documents by the project team
into the TMF for client held systems.
- Accountable for directing the CTMS build, working with project
team to ensure loading of information for site activation and
timely entry of key milestones for site payment.
- Accountable for developing Project Specific Training and
ensuring project team members have read, reviewed and documented
project related documents and plans.
- Drives issue resolution at the project level with support from
a more senior Project Manager or manager/supervisor as needed.
Ensures proper escalation of potential CQI per Covance SOPs.
- Contributes to audit responses from agencies and clients, as
- May assist in reporting of strategic client metrics.
- Increase potential for repeat business by establishing a strong
working relationship with client project team striving for client
satisfaction and operational excellence.
- May track project metrics and report KPIs for strategic
- May participate, contribute to a bid defense and other business
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Site Management:
- Responsible for the oversight of site start up activities.
- Oversees the coordination of the study activation components of
the project from an oversight level including Feasibility, Site
Selection, Activation, Site Contracting, Label/supply, Regulatory
- Assist in the design of feasibility assessments and patient
- Supervision of study set-up with the clients regarding
pre-study documentation for Investigator packages.
- Supervision of Investigator Package review and approval prior
to drug shipment.
- Supervision of Site Budgets and Statements of Agreements (SoA)
documents that leads to an executed site contract.
- Supervision of Document Review, including Informed Consent
Forms, Advertisement, and protocols. Labcorp is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer: As an EOE/AA employer, the organization
will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an
applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our - -
Keywords: Labcorp, Madison , Associate Project Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!