Private Markets and Hedge Funds, Fund Accountant
Company: RCM Technologies
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Reference # :20-00165Title :Private Markets and Hedge Funds,
Fund AccountantLocation :Madison, WIPosition Type :Direct
PlacementExperience Level :7 YearsStart Date :03/02/2020
DescriptionPrivate Markets and Hedge Funds, Fund AccountantThe
Private Markets Funds and Alpha Operations division is responsible
for the management of over $17 billion in alternative investments.
The fund accountant will be responsible for analyzing and
onboarding complex, non-traditional investments that involve
non-standard contracts, trade processing, clearance, valuation and
documentation.This position is responsible for reviewing and
checking the quality of investment transactions entered by other
team members in the eFront system and performing other daily,
monthly and quarterly analytic checks to ensure the accuracy and
completeness of the assigned portfolios. Specifically, this
position independently performs security (investment) and portfolio
level accounting procedures, research and oversight of third-party
accounting and reporting service providers for a variety of complex
accounting activities to support Investment Book of Record and
Accounting Book of Record (ABOR).Essential activities:
- Understand and apply middle office and accounting (IBOR/ABOR)
principals at the portfolio and asset class levels.
- Approve processing of complex investment transactions knowing
the purpose and uniqueness of IBOR versus ABOR.
- Analyze and advise on the setup to onboard complex,
non-traditional investments that involve non-standard contracts,
trade processing, clearance, valuation, and documentation.
- Approve the investment transactions related to purchases and
capital call payments, distribution receipts, investment sales, and
other cash flows in accordance with fund documents and generally
accepted accounting principals.
- Research and resolve escalated daily position and cash
- Oversee complex management and performance fees for private
market asset class investments.
- Verify computation of fund valuation based on an agreed upon
- Assess quality of General Partner and third party investment
firms' investment reporting.
- Review operation due diligence related information and assess
need for enhanced General Partner and third party investment firms
transaction and accounting review.
- Perform and/or direct third parties to conduct in in-depth
review of investment activities reported by General Partner and/or
third party investment firm.
- Administer and oversee the daily, weekly, and monthly
accounting/reporting activities on IBOR and ABOR.
- Direct and/or validate accounting by custodian bank for
assigned activities and/or other third-party providers. (This may
require account at security and portfolio levels).
- Examine and analyze accounting records to assess accuracy,
completeness, including Net Asset Value, Realized and Unrealized
Gains/Losses, expenses and accruals.
- Document and assess accounting and operational risks, as well
as formulate and implement mitigating control activities.
- Be the accounting and reporting point of contact within the
assigned specialized area to work with process owners, service
providers, advisors, administrators, and other interested parties,
informing such parties of the issues/events and gathering necessary
information and guidance on industry best practice.The ideal
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics,
Securities Operations, or related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years experience operationally servicing
investment teams.RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT
Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients
in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients
to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across
multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic
presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic
capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in
North America.RCMTechnologies, (USA) Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer M/F/D/V. RCMT encourages applicants of all
Keywords: RCM Technologies, Madison , Private Markets and Hedge Funds, Fund Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Madison, Wisconsin
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!